Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

aftermarket fender flares help

Old 09-03-2009, 09:52 AM
nyzr21019 is on a distinguished road
Default aftermarket fender flares help

i have a 2001 ZR2 i wanna get black bolt pattern cut out fender flares, should i do it? i feel if i get rid of the old fender flares its gonna lose its zr2 look? what i really wanted to ask you guys is do any of you have any pictures of a blazer zr2 or any blazer with aftermarket fender flares to see how they look??

thanks guys for the help

Old 09-03-2009, 11:21 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

The only flares I know of are made by Bushwacker and they're made to look like the OEM ZR2 flares

Old 09-03-2009, 04:50 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Bushwacker flares will not bolt up to the ZR2 fenders, different lip. Same reason why you can't put ZR2 flares on a non-Z.

The ONLY place that has aftermarket flares is Diversified Creations, but...

you will need to cut sheet metal and they say the only work on the front of the blazers, not on the rear. Something about not enough metal on the rear to cut away and still mount the flares.

Though, there is one person who managed to do it. If you have big time body skills you should be able to make it work.

I'd say be happy with the stock flares as I'm sure there are a few folks that wished they had them.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert
Bushwacker flares will not bolt up to the ZR2 fenders, different lip. Same reason why you can't put ZR2 flares on a non-Z.

The ONLY place that has aftermarket flares is Diversified Creations, but...

you will need to cut sheet metal and they say the only work on the front of the blazers, not on the rear. Something about not enough metal on the rear to cut away and still mount the flares.

Though, there is one person who managed to do it. If you have big time body skills you should be able to make it work.

I'd say be happy with the stock flares as I'm sure there are a few folks that wished they had them.
im gonna keep the fenders i decided but do you know if i can get the zr2 fender flares paint cause they are starting to fade oneof them

Old 09-04-2009, 03:10 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

You can paint them any color you like but there is a color from Duplicolor that matches almost exactly. I just can't think of the name of it offhand. Available at any parts store. You'd probably be better off painting all four, though.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:04 PM

well i wanna paint all four, but i want it to be the same color, im just not sure where i can find the color code for the zr2 fender flares and the rear bumper