Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Anyone ever heard of or used Percy's Hyperfiber before?

Old 12-15-2013, 11:16 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone ever heard of or used Percy's Hyperfiber before?

I'm looking at using some of Percy's High Performance Inc.'s Hyperfiber. It's a ready to apply/mold fiberglass product that cures with direct sunlight or UV light. I'm looking to use it to make at least the base mold for some 3" full range speaker pods that will mount to the sail panels in my Jimmy. I can find the products all over the internet however I cannot find any information about it, how it's really used, if the resins and bonding pastes they sell are to be used with it, stuff of that nature.

Anyone ever heard of or used the product before? Would I be saving any work or money by using this product instead of doing it the regular way?

Any information would be quite helpful.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:24 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

meade916 on youtube has some stuff that works like that. It looks like he just wets it down, positions it in place, then carries it outside and waits about 1 min. and it's done and hard.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:19 PM
HotRodHearseGuy is on a distinguished road

I've been looking at this stuff myself for doing what you're considering as well as making a custom center console for my Blazer. For the price of it, its actually cheaper than using regular fiberglass resin/hardener and you get the advantage of working with it until you're ready for it to cure.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:04 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
meade916 on youtube has some stuff that works like that. It looks like he just wets it down, positions it in place, then carries it outside and waits about 1 min. and it's done and hard.
It looks quite similar to what/how the Hyperfiber is and works. I've watched a few other videos of people molding things with it and such.

Originally Posted by HotRodHearseGuy
I've been looking at this stuff myself for doing what you're considering as well as making a custom center console for my Blazer. For the price of it, its actually cheaper than using regular fiberglass resin/hardener and you get the advantage of working with it until you're ready for it to cure.
My thoughts exactly. It appears to be a superior product for a small and simple project like this. I've requested some information from the manufacturer to verify some thoughts and then hopefully I'll be ordering a bit soon to see how it goes.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Beginning Member
gpgab97 is on a distinguished road

Buddy of mine uses it for rc planes....never played with the stuff myslf though. He does utilize a wand with a certain bulb in it to cure large large areas of wings and such without having to take the project outside.