Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Blazer Seats vs. Bravada Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Beginning Member
robertfireye is on a distinguished road
Question Blazer Seats vs. Bravada Seats

I have heard that Bravadas got their own special seats on the leather ones and that they were also more comfortable than the Blazer or Jimmy's leather seats. Does anyone know personally if this is true? And could you even get 8-way heated seats on the Blazer or Jimmy?

Old 03-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

My '99 LT has leather 8-way power heated bucket seats with a 2 position memory on the driver's side. I'm fairly certain the Bravada's were exactly the same. I find them very comfortable in most situations and really like them.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Beginning Member

Ok, thanks. I thought so, but wasn't positive. Do know by chance if Blazers had the wiring for power seats under the carpet if power seats weren't included from the factory?

Old 03-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

I've heard that vehicles may have wiring for options they don't have to make it easier on the manufacturing process but I don't know how much truth that holds, sorry

Old 03-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Beginning Member

That's fine, just wondering because I need to find that out soon

Old 03-19-2011, 05:09 AM
Jmooney152 is on a distinguished road

I know My first gen has the power seats with the air lombar in leather. Most comfortable seat Ive set in since my daytona shelby z. Other than the heat, Im not sure what the difference would be.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a build code sticker, usually attached in the glove box. I don't know what the code for power windows is, but if it is on the sticker, it is wired for power windows. Most are from my experience

Old 03-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

The code list in the glove box is the RPO code list. It lists to us, the options on the vehicle. It doesn't tell us if the vehicle is wired for something or not...if it has the RPO code for power windows, and the truck has manual for some reason, chances are the owner swapped out power windows for manual.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road

No on the blazers/jimmy there is no plugs under the carpet, atleast on the 10 or so customer cars that have come into the shop and had me swap in for them. the wiring is so easy a child can do it tho to get the power you need, you only have to run 1 wire up to the power acc. option in your fuse box, then run the ground to your floor stud and your done very very simple best way to do it is the donor vehicle you remove the seats from cut the seat plugs off so you can wire that in then u can just unplug and plug them in if you ever have to take the seats out for any reason if u run the wires good enough it will look stock just like it came that way. good luck buddy

Old 03-24-2011, 12:23 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

yea if you don't have any power seats there won't be any wires. if you have just the lumbar and nothing else the harnesses are the same, so I just had to plug in my trailblazer seats

Quick Reply: Blazer Seats vs. Bravada Seats