Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bolts for Gas Tank Skid Plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:25 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Bolts for Gas Tank Skid Plate

Okay, I know this is a weird question. I got the gas tank skid plate today at the yard and can't figure out what size bolts it would take.

Does anyone have any idea?

Old 03-18-2012, 10:19 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I'll take a look tomorrow as I have to throw mine back on but I don't have a pitch scale to measure measure them. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by AJBert
I'll take a look tomorrow as I have to throw mine back on but I don't have a pitch scale to measure measure them. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Okay, thanks Aj.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:44 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Wow, you got one quick!

Old 03-19-2012, 09:21 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, crap came up and coudn't measer them for you. I'll try again tommorw.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 AM
Default .

Yeah, I got it fairly quick Thog. It was the only one in the whole yard. And it wasn't even completely bolted on to the blaze it came off lol. It looked like somebody unbolted it to get to the gas tank and just took the gas tank and left the plate under.

And okay Aj.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM
BF Veteran

Tibby, already sent you a PM but for others who may be interested, the size is M8X1.25X20mm. Make sure you get washers to go with the bolts as the stockers have them.

And sorry for the delay in getting back with the info. Now I need to throw mine back on!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by AJBert
Tibby, already sent you a PM but for others who may be interested, the size is M8X1.25X20mm. Make sure you get washers to go with the bolts as the stockers have them.

And sorry for the delay in getting back with the info. Now I need to throw mine back on!
Thanks for the help! I'm hoping my local hardware store has something like it. If not, might have to get with an automotive place.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

Can we get some pictures when its mounted. I picked up one from the junk yard and was curious to how it mounts.....Honestly haven't looked at it yet, never even held it up under the truck

Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Default .

Aj, I'm not so sure mine has 9 bolt holes. Maybe the 2000 plate is different from the 95-97 plates. Mine looks like it may take 5 at the most. But I'm in a different city right now, so I can't check to confirm that. When I go home to put it on in 2 weeks, I'll know how many then lol.

Quick Reply: Bolts for Gas Tank Skid Plate