Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

"Glow Gauges" - will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:44 PM
jtbwatson is on a distinguished road
Default "Glow Gauges" - will this work?

Sorry for the total noob question... but will this combination of overlay and LED bulbs work for a glow gauge set up? I have read some other numbers for LEDs in that one guy's post that everyone references to, but this looks like it should work. Just looking for some help.

Thanks for your patience, friends

bulbs

overlay

Last edited by jtbwatson; 09-19-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Like the ad says "
Please CHECK THE PICTURES in the auction BEFORE placing your bid. If your OEM cluster does not look like the pictures I provided, this gauge is NOT for you. Only if you are 100% sure that this will fit on your vehicle otherwise please do not bid."

I'd take pics of my dash so I could do a side by side comparison. Also take a quick pic when you turn the key to run so all the bezel lights 'should' be lit up. That'll help you make sure that advertised bezel is the right one or not.

As for the bulbs I'm not sure, but a few in here have posted a Sylvania link to stock bulbs & you just have to match up what LED will cross refference/match that bulb as a swap.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by jtbwatson
Sorry for the total noob question... but will this combination of overlay and LED bulbs work for a glow gauge set up? I have read some other numbers for LEDs in that one guy's post that everyone references to, but this looks like it should work. Just looking for some help.

Thanks for your patience, friends

bulbs

overlay
Your bulb link doesn't work, but the gauge overlay will fit according to what their description on eBay says.

You have a 2000 Blazer and it's for 98-04 so you're good there. I'm pretty sure all Blazers after 97 (aka 98+) came with tachs. I say this because my '96 originally came tachless, but I upgraded to a different cluster. (one with a tach, led lights, etc)

Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by tibby
Your bulb link doesn't work
What bulb would work? Trying to keep to LEDs.

edit;
will these work?

Last edited by jtbwatson; 09-19-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I have a 96 that came with a tach but while comparing the face that you linked to my dash on my drive to work this morning I found that everything matches except the tach and speedo are opposite on my truck from that one. This doesn't mean anything really except to just double check and like rotti said do a side by side cause if I hadn't I would have thought it would have worked for my truck to.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jtbwatson
What bulb would work? Trying to keep to LEDs.

edit;
will these work?
tibby was commenting on the fact that your link does not work, not that the bulb you intended to link to won't work. You inadvertently included the *icon_snow* text in the bulb link which caused it to fail.

Run a search as there are more than a few LED dash upgrade threads hangin' around here.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
tibby was commenting on the fact that your link does not work, not that the bulb you intended to link to won't work. You inadvertently included the *icon_snow* text in the bulb link which caused it to fail.

Run a search as there are more than a few LED dash upgrade threads hangin' around here.
/facepalm. i went on a 30 minute LED research spree to find out what was wrong with those!

fixed.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:52 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

The leds you posted in your original post will work, but only for the indicator lights, not the gauge needles or numbers. The bulb you posted in your 2nd post will work for the needles and numbers, but you need the twist lock bases for them. Check the link in my sig for more info.