Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Hood Swap Issues - Jimmy hood to Blazer

Old 05-14-2013, 03:12 PM
2000BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road
Default Hood Swap Issues - Jimmy hood to Blazer

Hey guys

i have a 2000 Chevy Blazer that i swapped hoods on .. GMC Jimmy hood same year from the pick n pull for $45 .... Every forum ive read says they are a bolt on direct swap for these hoods

the one i found was damn near perfect and was closed on the Jimmy i took it off from and the front end had no damage to it ... now here is the problem im having

it was a direct bolt on and what was nicer to have was the alignment bolts to move the hood around since my Blazer didnt have them ... now when i close the hood the right side (drivers side) is nice and flush except up by the windshield a smidge .... the right side for the life of me i cant get to line up at all (see pic) except when i push down on the hood after its closed but it springs back up with the gap when i let pressure off it

what am i doing wrong here guys .. need someone to help me out ... thanks .... oh and the pics might be sideways (camera phone)

Attached Thumbnails Hood Swap Issues - Jimmy hood to Blazer-20130514_145435.jpg   Hood Swap Issues - Jimmy hood to Blazer-20130514_145448.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Check the rubber bumper on each corner of the hood. They should be adjustable my guess would be that the pass side is screwed way out causing the lift. If not then I dunno sorry

Old 05-14-2013, 04:14 PM
2000BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

The hood bumper stops are screwed all the way down so i know thats not the issue ... is there a way to align the hood up?

My Blazer hood never had any issues and sat flush on both sides.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm yeah in not sure I just did the same good swap and mine bolted on and lined up perfect I guess I got lucky. I can take a look at mine tomorrow when I get to work and see if I can come up with anything b

Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

looks like that hood might be warped a bit, open it, and have someone hold the hood and carefully a little bit at a time grab that corner of the hood and pull down on it.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:51 AM
CPLSeraphim is on a distinguished road

I do not know if you ad any luck on this, but wanted to mention that my 1980 Camaro had washers and spacers on the hood hinge, and when I took it off, then put back on the next day, it did not match right and was catching. I think it has to do with the centering the whole way down the hood, so you may want to try moving one washer from one side to the other, but this problem is definatley a pita.