Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

How-To: Install Glow Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Darn you for deleting the pictures from your photobucket account! LOL

Glow plugs are used in diesel engines to ignite the fuel/air mixture before the engine is hot enough for autoignition.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:50 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

Diesel engines use heat and compression of fuel and air to create combustion. So glow plugs are used to heat up the block before starting it up. If you were to just crank on the engine before letting it warm up, you can hurt the engine and will waste fuel. Once they're done heating up the engine and you start it, they shut off within 180 seconds(for new vehicles-older ones they shut off as soon as you start it).

Old 05-17-2009, 09:00 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Well, got my flash drive back from my friend and to my dismay, no pics =(. So, I will take some new ones tomorrow really quick and upload them tomorrow night. It's been so long since I put them in, I'm going to have to follow my own directions for the wiring to take the pics lol.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Starting Member
Denominator is on a distinguished road

Old 06-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Beginning Member
connersdad19 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice read....if you can post pics do it please if not its cool thanks for doing this in the first place.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:02 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I completely forgot about this again. It won't be anytime this week, i'm working too much. I promise to have them up by the end of next week.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i have looked all over and no luck finding "glow gauges" or an overlay for anything other than (KPH) or 7K tach.

anybody point me in the right direction. yes i looked at ebay / amazon and even yahoo shopping.

i have 6K tach and MPH on cluster.

if i did go the KPH route would i see shadowing seeing as how the original cluster would look diff. ?

thanks.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

nevermind..

thanks for the great write up...yup works even without pics.

Attached Thumbnails  How-To: Install Glow Gauges-0909092103.jpg  
Old 12-07-2009, 08:48 AM

Again sorry about ther pics. I'm glad you were able to get it done without them. Looks good, looks exactly like mine lol. Maybe in the spring I will redo the pics, I have blue led strips for turn signals right now and they are a bit blinding at night. I am going to change to red strips as red doesnt affect your night vision. I will take new pics, I'll have to read my own how to as its been so long since I put them in, even I forgot how I did it lol.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Wow, those look really good! Nice work!

Quick Reply: How-To: Install Glow Gauges