Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

How-To: Install Glow Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Beginning Member
David Reeves is on a distinguished road

Question. I noticed in your second paragraph you said to write down the positions of all the gauges while the truck is switched on. In the first paragraph you said to disconnect the wiring harness. Are you sure step one is before step two? Please explain. I intend to change my gauges to a white face and this interests me very much.
Thanks,
Dave R

Old 12-14-2009, 10:31 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

having done this myself.

you need to check gauge positions before disconnecting gauge cluster.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:44 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

doh! thanks for pointing that out. you will want to write down the needle position with the truck in accesory before you unplug the harness. I'll go back and fix that, thanks for pointing it out.

just checked it out and the harnesses i am talking about in the first paragaraph are the headlight harness, the rear wiper and rear hatch, and the 4wd harness (if applicable). that is just to get the dashboard surround off to get to the gauge cluster. then write down the needle positons, and then unplug the gauge cluster and go from there.

Last edited by davtak; 12-31-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

pics are dead

Old 03-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Beginning Member
blazed16 is on a distinguished road

bringing old threads back from the dead haha so great...
Anyways i bought some of these gauges looks exactly the same now i just need to install them...
So i just turn the truck to assessory but do not start it correct?
And then put it all back together and turn truck to assessory and push needles back to where they were before correct

Old 04-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Beginning Member
blazed16 is on a distinguished road

Someone gonna answer the above question please^^^^ i want to get these installed this weekend hopefully

Old 04-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Key to 'run', running or not it does not matter. This is covered in many a gauge install review on the net as well as stated in the first post above...

Old 11-10-2010, 03:49 PM
JeremyG is on a distinguished road

Ok, so I'm looking, where do I even FIND these gauges, for an 84 K5?

Old 09-23-2011, 10:34 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

The pics don't show up?

Old 11-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Starting Member
bobby099 is on a distinguished road
Post glow gauge problem

hi i just installed the glow gauges in my blazer but the only problem i have no is my cluster sticks all of the gauges dont seem to work. i thought maybe i could just unhook the battery and reset it but no. could you tell me if i might need to send it in or maybe someone could help me out thanks.

Quick Reply: How-To: Install Glow Gauges