How-To: Install Glow Gauges - Page 5 - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums
Search

Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Administrator

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you pushed the needles on too far so they are now dragging against the gauge face.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:47 PM

Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Make sure that you didn't pust the needles in too far or they will hit the overlay.

Edit: Swartlkk beat me to it.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Starting Member

bobby099 is on a distinguished road

thanks guys for replying but i thought the same thing so i reset the needles back but nothing it seems like there sticking but i dont understand why there acting like this i havent really been able to check it out though but the fuel gauge is werid to i tried to move it but it shoots right back to full same as the battery gauge.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Beginning Member

krunk357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthogdriver View Post
i have looked all over and no luck finding "glow gauges" or an overlay for anything other than (KPH) or 7K tach.

anybody point me in the right direction. yes i looked at ebay / amazon and even yahoo shopping.

i have 6K tach and MPH on cluster.

if i did go the KPH route would i see shadowing seeing as how the original cluster would look diff. ?

thanks.

Sorry to re3vive an old thread but did you get the tach to work right since yours was 6k and you put in the 7k?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:42 AM

billybobasan is an unknown quantity at this point

Has Anyone put glow gauges on a 92 S10 Blazer, these are very hard to see. About the only thing I dont like about this vehicle.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Beginning Member

04SSBlazer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthogdriver View Post
nevermind..

thanks for the great write up...yup works even without pics.
so happy i just bought these there cool as hell looking
Old 09-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member

04SSBlazer is on a distinguished road

so just got mine in a lil confused as to how it works. should i take the lights of of my stock gauges then just lay these on top? and mine has a built in dimmer switch and power switch what should i wire it too it tells me not to wire to stock headlight/dimmer switch.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:33 PM

Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Mine just had the power wires and came with its own dimmer switch and control box. I just wired the power wires into the headlight switch signal. Leave the bulbs in the gauges, they light up the needles. If you decide not to use the stock bulbs, you can always dim them.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 PM

Dark Rider is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm interested in doing this... But the photos in the how-to section aren't there anymore.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 PM

The photos don't really show a whole lot of vital info required for this. If this is something you wish to do, read through the word instructions as you are actually looking at the parts to get a better understanding of what he means.