Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

How to Switch Side Rear View Mirros

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Beginning Member
BIGGER_HAMMER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to Switch Side Rear View Mirros

Hey All, is there a Hot to on removing / replacing the side view mirrors?

Mine are shot, and I have a line on replacements, but don't have a clue what I'd need to do to remove the existing mirrors and remount the new ones.

Any and All help is Greatly Appreciated!

BIGGER_HAMMER / craig.baker.motorsports@gmail.com

Old 08-25-2009, 09:25 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

you didnt say what year your blazer is. I know that the second generation has three nuts you have to remove. To access them you have to remove the door panels, which is a pretty painless procedure. It is held on mostly by those plastic pop rivets that most door panels are held on by. There are a few screws so make sure you look for them because you dont want to break them off. Once the panel is off you will see three holes in the door frame right behind the mirror. I believe the nuts are 12mm if I remember correctly. I would use a magnetized deep nut driver to remove them if you have one because it is almost impossible to retrieve the nuts if they fall in the door.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Beginning Member
BIGGER_HAMMER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mirror removal / replacement

Thank You for sharing that information on "How To".

Yes, I do have a 2nd generation Blazer, so looks like I'll slip off the door panels.

I think the previous owner did take off the door panels a lot, (or did it badly), as the plastic end flanges that should hold the panel to the door are all shot / broken / non-functional. The bottom of the door panel flops around, so I might need to find something to hold it down. Anyone got ideas??

I need to replace the door speakers anyway, so seems like it might be a good time to do it all at once.

Does anyone know what is involved in getting to the rear speakers? I have a 2 door 95 and it seems they are buried in the rear quarter panel plastic without any access grill or other means to get to them. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks again for the information.

BIGGER_HAMMER

Old 08-27-2009, 11:44 AM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the 4 door so I cant say for sure but more than likely you are going to have to remove the whole rear palstic quarter panels.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have to remove the door panels. There will be three nuts that hold the mirror fast.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:10 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

dont drop one of the mirror screws into the door lol, i did that, so i had to put the window up and cut the paper covering the holes, the reach for the nut, its a tight fit lol.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Beginning Member
metalblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 97 2 door blazer and trying to install the back speakers was tough. i have a friend that had a 4 door that helped me install them, but the main things you have to do are:
unscrew all of the oh sh*t bars
unscrew the hanger holders
and unscrew the seatbelt harnesses on the wall (we weren't able to do this, but hopefully you will)

Good Luck!