Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

I want to completely pimp my own ride.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 01:15 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Nobody's pissed off man. We just don't want you to spend a whole lot of money to make that blazer something that you like, but cannot sell. You can either mod it a little to sell it, or you can mod the crap out of it and make it everything you always wanted. Just don't expect to be able to sell it for what you put into it.

Like I said before, if you do it right, it can look great. That's why I hated that show. They would put so much useless crap into every car they did it just wouldn't be useable. Spraying paint onto the tires so you can paint the road has got to be the absolute worst idea in the history of purposeful mods ever.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 95BlackGA
I don't think you pissed anyone off. If you want to drop it at all, start with that. Do it the right way. From there you can form the Blazer. At one height something may look amazing, and a few inches lower, or higher, it could look like trash. Especially when throwing on a new wheel and tire combo. Doing a custom dash in a vehicle you have intentions on flipping, will seriously hinder selling power. It'll be customized to your likes, not the new owners. Same goes with the body kit. Once you get into major modifications, you are straying away from the selling market and more towards a personal vehicle. For a buyer to be most interested you need to compliment the vehicle. If you're going to make it look fast, make sure it can go fast. If you want it to be a chopped down low rider, you may think about just dressing up the engine bay. Get it clean, get it (mechanically) right before you put a whole lot of money into it.
as for the height, that is why man invented airbags...

Last edited by richphotos; 09-07-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:51 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

ya, no one is pissed...we are all just trying to share our exp with you.
i have mine lifted alot...do i love it yes...will i ever be able to sell it for what i have into it? no. you need to have an end goal and stick to the plan.

making it a flip sale and making it custom are not the same thing.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:23 PM
93S10TahoeLT is on a distinguished road

Loving the truck. I have a 1994 too. Needs matched replaced fenders.. love these Lil trucks.