Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

New Member - Broken Recliner Seat handle

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 12:18 AM
C5Longhorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Member - Broken Recliner Seat handle

HI, I'm a new member and this is my first post. I just discovered this site and have a question about a problem I have with my passenger seat. The reclining handle broke off at the shaft mounted to the actuator. I've heard there is a better part available that I can buy and upgrade to. I've also seen ads on Ebay for a fix to the broken shaft.

I was wondering if any members have had this problem and if so, what did you do to fix it? Also, how happy are you with the course of repair you took.

Thanks and I look forward to learning alot from this site.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:05 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New Member - Broken Recliner Seat handle

whats up buddy, the same thing happened to my blazer recliner (passenger) and my fix cause i'd rather not fix something im personally not using was a screw driver to recline it....but from what i've gather this is a very common flaw with the blazers and s-10's...i havent heard of an upgrade or better part sorry but a screw driver seems to work for my passengers lol

Old 02-08-2005, 01:39 PM
99BlazerBaby is an unknown quantity at this point

The same thing happened to my passenger seat also... I never knew what to do to fix it tho...

Old 02-19-2005, 05:52 AM
benzodogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, my cousin drove my Xtreme one day, (he worked at the dealer) decided he wanted to sit straight up instead of my traditional gangsta lean style of driving. (what can I say, I'm laid back) In turn, he broke my driver seat **** off at the handle. He was able to fix it by getting the part from the dealer. This may or may not sound a bit much depending on the severity of your problem, the part costs $40-$50 from what i remember. You will have to remove the upholstery (sorry its just a cover) and the follow the handle back to the actuator, there are 3 bolts I think you have to undo, and just pop it out. Then fit the new one in there, bolt it in, and test it b4 you put the upholstery back on. Its fixed! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 PM
victoryredblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

same happened to my driver side handel. Guy at the dealership I use for service (actually a jeep dealer) said it is a common problem. The handel itself didnt break, the plastic thing it is connected to broke, so I still have the actual handel (grey plastic). My brother had taken my car out while I was gone and snapped the handel off. Fortunatly he is a sales manager at a car lot so it is easy for me to have things fixed.... about $50.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:21 AM
DjEarth is an unknown quantity at this point

Just ordered a much better and stronger piece online..you think the design team at GM would have caught this one a long time ago.

http://www.wittydeals.com/product_in...0e54872cdecff0