Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

new paint job.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 11:44 AM
sparty992 is on a distinguished road
Default new paint job.

I'm think about either painting the bottom of the car where its silver now black, so it'll be red and black, or I was thinking about just touching up the all the paint, or painting the whole car either charcoal gray or gun metal gray and maybe the bottom like jet black. What do you guys think of that? Have you ever see charcoal or gunmetal gray blazers? Any other recomendations on what might also look good? Here is a picture of the blazer now

Last edited by sparty992; 12-25-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: adding picture
Old 12-25-2011, 11:56 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by sparty992
I'm think about either painting the bottom of the car where its silver now black, so it'll be red and black, or I was thinking about just touching up the all the paint, or painting the whole car either charcoal gray or gun metal gray and maybe the bottom like jet black. What do you guys think of that? Have you ever see charcoal or gunmetal gray blazers? Any other recomendations on what might also look good? Here is a picture of the blazer now

A lot of guys on here have left the stock color and just painted the two-tone part below the stock color. The popular color that lower part has been bedlinered black. It seems to hold up really well. Just my .02.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:28 PM

Did you use actual bedliner? Cus I was thinking about doing that

Old 12-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Beginning Member
89DropTop is on a distinguished road

yeah id go with the bedliner. it helps prevent the rust for a while. there are a lot of people i know that will also rhino line the under carriage as well to help keep the frame and everything rust free and in tact. i know i shoulda done it to my blazer but as a result of not... my rocker is gone... lol hope this has helped a little bit

Old 12-26-2011, 04:41 AM

It has helped. What do you think about te charcoal gray?

Old 12-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Beginning Member

charcoal grey is a decent lookin color for it but i personally prefer the black. just always have. but thats my opinion. what you could do is get sample colors and put em up to the truck nd see which you like best. other wise you dont know exactly how its going to look.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

My neighbor has that red/black two tone look. I think it looks cool

Old 12-28-2011, 03:08 AM

I decided to keep it red and paint the bottom with bedliner. I gotta do some body work to the front passenger panel and the bumper first and repaiint that pane,then do the bedliner, thanks for the help.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:47 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by sparty992
I decided to keep it red and paint the bottom with bedliner. I gotta do some body work to the front passenger panel and the bumper first and repaiint that pane,then do the bedliner, thanks for the help.
Post up pics of that schmexy beast after the paint job is complete.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Beginning Member

glad i could help!! cant wait to see it. when my blazer gets back up and runnin, once i have money and can afford to get the body redone and painted. i want to do the bedliner. not sure what color i want for my truck in general tho... hmmmmm

Quick Reply: new paint job.