Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Seat adjustment handles

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:05 AM
kaejr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seat adjustment handles

I have a 1999 Chevy Blazer LS and when i got it (a gift from my mom) the only real problem was that both seat adjustment handles & **** were broken on both the passenger and driver seats...My question is can I buy the handles or will I have to replace the seats?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Seat adjustment handles

This is a very common problem and there are many fixes available on the web. Many of the updated, aftermarket handles address this exact problem. GM states that the entire recline mechanism must be replaced due to the failure at the shaft to which the recline handle attaches. If your handles are the only thing that broke, then they can be purchased pretty cheap.

Run a google search on 'S10 recline handle' and you'll find a multitude of fixes.

Good luck!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

"HELP" brands make a replacement handle. You can find them at most autozones/pep boys/napas.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Someone else found these and posted. They look like they would do the trick but I haven't ordered them yet. I'm using a flathead screwdriver for now...

Old 05-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't want to point to one of the many sites that result from the google search I suggested simply due to the questionable reliability of such sites.

If you do go with one of those fixes, let us know how the it turns out.