Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Sun Visor Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Beginning Member
farleyeod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sun Visor Light

So, I love working for the government because we will take ANY excuse to get a day off, and to make it even better, my wife had to work which left me to my own devices! When I bought my blazer, the flap on the flip down visors that cover the mirror broke on both sides, literally 5 minutes apart. My wife felt bad about breaking hers, until mine snapped off right after. Anyway, I just bought 2 visor cd holders and used the straps to hold the flap on to keep those lights off until today. I removed the plastic bezel that covers those lights, took a dremel and expanded the holes where the push button is at and installed a sliding switch so you can turn the light on, or leave it off. After I got the pieces back together (after 30 or so minutes worth of work) one of the[:@]ing bulbs blew. Took the wind out of my sails. Now, can anyone tell me how to get that[:@] bulb out?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:17 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Sun Visor Light

The entire mirror/light assembly pops off the visor, then will pop right back in. Just be careful . I had my entire visor down to put in a new moment switch that would contact the headliner...A sliding switch would have been much easier....

Old 02-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Beginning Member

Yeah, I've got the sliding switches installed, but when it was all back together I found the (not working anymore) light. I pulled and pushed and twisted and did everything else I could think of to get that sucker out short of taking it BACK apart (which I may do tomorrow to clean up some wires when I am in a position where I can solder) but I just couldn't get that light bulb out. If it is indeed a 196, it should just slide out and I'll just have to get a gorilla grip on it without breaking it. I'll keep hacking away... what else do I have to do, right?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Beginning Member

Just a quick reply to myself I guess... but who knows, someone may find this thread with the same question. The light bulb pulls straight out, it's just a huge PITA to get out. I ended up busting it all to pieces trying to get a grip on it to get it out. Also, the bulbs I ended up putting back in it were 2721s. The bulb itself is slightly smaller, but the base matches almost perfectly.