Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

what bucket seats are a direct swap into older s10

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough
Default what bucket seats are a direct swap into older s10

85 s10 pick up

im guessing that ones out of a pick up truck will fit\

anyone try the older camaro seats? my buddy has like 5 of the 76 style camaros at his shop. most are junk. will those seats bolt in easily? im trying to ditch the bench

Old 12-13-2009, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I've seen sooooo many S10 owners drop Cavalier seats into their trucks. A guy around me from S10F actually did this too to get rid of his bench. I'm not sure though whether they're direct bolt up or not. It seems fairly common, so I assume they are? I'm sure someone can verify that though.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:37 PM
BF Veteran

that figures... i was actually gonna swipe a set out of a sunfire but one of the owners friends wanted it for his cavalier and beat me to it.. thats good to know though

Old 12-14-2009, 07:04 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Personally I hate those seats. I think they are super cheap and not that comfortable. Apparently I'm the minority though since it seems Cavalier seats are used fairly widely as replacement seats in S10's and other stuff. I've even seen a set in an old Nova before. I find my Blazer seats wayyy better then the Cavy's, but to each his own.
Speaking of which, the Blazer seats are direct bolt up. Why not use a set of them? I've also seen that done on a number of S10's.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:36 PM
BF Veteran

If you seen the turd of a s10 I'd be putting it in you'd understand. It has a bench that is smashed all the way to the floor. So I don't wanna spend any money I'm just kinda looking at whatever I can find. Are the blazer buckets the same as a pick up? I know the full sizes were different

Old 12-14-2009, 12:38 PM
BF Veteran

Hmm, good point. It may be worth it just to pickup a set of Cavy seats then. They are a dime a dozen and you shouldn't have any trouble finding a set. Plus, they're cheap and crappy so you wouldn't feel bad for ruining them lol.
The 2dr Blazer seats (without power options) should fit into the S10 fine. I'm pretty sure they were the same seats.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

I dont think there direct swap, im maybe wrong, you might have to play with the brackets a little. As for the cavalier/Sunfire seats. I own one and the seats are rather comfy. Alot of the 3rd gen cavalier.sunfire guys actually swap out there seats for the earlier models 95-02.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
BF Veteran

Yea not to worried about having to mess with the brackets. I just don't want one where my head is hitting the ceiling. I like the broken in bench height but its just not comfortable

Old 12-14-2009, 04:34 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I love my sunfire seats compared to the factory buckets I had. I picked the set up for $25 at a local J/Y.

If you are putting them in a truck that never had buckets in it (bench) you need to get the bucket seat tracts for your truck. The outside studs for the bench seat work but you will have to drill holes and use bolts on the inside tracks. The s-10 bucket seat tracts bolt right up to the sunfire/cavy seats.

I put buckets in my old truck that came with a bench and took about 2 hours. Most of that time was spent cleaning the hard to reach spots while the seat was out and greasing up the old sliders I got to use.

The ones in my blazer took all of 30 minutes me working alone but it came with buckets.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:27 PM
BF Veteran

Cool thanks. Out here they want 45 a seat. Might wait til a half price day. And the heck with bolting I'm just gonna weld it in

Quick Reply: what bucket seats are a direct swap into older s10