Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

What color is this.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 11:55 PM
Beginning Member
BRoss99 is on a distinguished road
Default What color is this.

Hey my color code is ripped off out of my glove box anyone have any idea if this is sandalwood metallic or doeskin tan?

Attached Thumbnails What color is this.-20140823_204017.jpg  
Old 08-26-2014, 05:13 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

You could try looking up your vin options online.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:13 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

looks green to me

When I worked mixing paint we never picked colors for a customer
We had a paint chip book for comparing
Lots of paint shops have electronic paint readers but thats not even 100%

Old 08-26-2014, 11:55 PM
Beginning Member

Alright ill try that just thought maby if someone knew off by hand

Old 08-27-2014, 06:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The paint code is listed on the RPO code sticker which can be found on the inside of your glove box door. It will be on the bottom. Post a picture of the sticker for further assistance.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:04 AM
Beginning Member

No offence to u mod but in the post at the top it says my sticker is ripped off now why idn i bought the truck with 112000 kms dam near brand new but maby someone tried repainting cause she got a lil bit of rust down by the running boards

Old 08-28-2014, 05:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about that. That is what I get for looking at the title and picture from my phone and replying.

Have you tried Compnine.com? Or your dealer parts counter? Compnine.com will cost a few dollars for the service (at least it used to). The dealer may be reluctant, but usually will help you out. Both would only need the VIN to pull up the options, including the paint code.

Although, if you think that the color has been changed at some point, none of that will get you to the proper paint color. They will only get you to the factory color that the truck came with. If that doesn't match up properly to the current color, you'll need to get to a paint shop as stated earlier and have them color match it as best they can.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:47 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Sorry about that. That is what I get for looking at the title and picture from my phone and replying.

Have you tried Compnine.com? Or your dealer parts counter? Compnine.com will cost a few dollars for the service (at least it used to). The dealer may be reluctant, but usually will help you out. Both would only need the VIN to pull up the options, including the paint code.

Although, if you think that the color has been changed at some point, none of that will get you to the proper paint color. They will only get you to the factory color that the truck came with. If that doesn't match up properly to the current color, you'll need to get to a paint shop as stated earlier and have them color match it as best they can.
Got ahold of the dealership its sandlewood metallic but i think its badly faded /;<

Old 09-07-2014, 07:20 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

If you bring your truck to a automotive paint supplier (finishmaster or something like that) like swarklkk said they can color scan it and in doing that color scan it will get the closest color match to whatever is scanned so if you have it scanned have it scanned near where you what you want painted.

That way if your hood is faded but the doors arnt but you scan the doors it may be a shade off and silver is a hard color to match

Old 09-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BRoss99
Hey my color code is ripped off out of my glove box anyone have any idea if this is sandalwood metallic or doeskin tan?
Examples of Available Colors for 2004 Chevrolet Blazer VIN 1GNDT13X_4K xxxxxx
VIN Decoder | 2004 Chevrolet Blazer 1GNDT13X_4K | GTCarLot.com
Sure looks like Sandalwood Metallic to me.

Quick Reply: What color is this.