Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

90 blazer on propane tuning problem

Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Alexlamb is on a distinguished road
Default 90 blazer on propane tuning problem

i have 90 blazer with 4.3 L with dedicated propane and having some tuning issues. how are you sposed to get the right air propane levels .. i had the o ring seal ( inside the mixer). and there is also a screw(with a spring) at the back which does something .. can any1 point me in the right direction on how this can be done or what factors need to taken into account ?

how do you go about tuning it from scratch ?

thanks

Old 01-23-2010, 06:45 PM
dandmprivate is on a distinguished road

Screw at the back is normally the idle mix setting.......tho changing this can affect the whole rev range.....

What system do you have

Basic with no feedback, with feedback or full separate injectors for each cylinder.....

Old 01-24-2010, 01:42 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Chevrolet Blazer Lt
4.3ltr Petrol / LPG

judging by your sig, i take it you're not in NA, eh?

did you do the LPG install on your truck? just curious, since you don't see many of hese being done.

although, according to my brother's neighbour, his biggest market for clients are full size SUV & p/u owners (he sells/installs the systems).

Old 01-24-2010, 06:48 AM
dandmprivate is on a distinguished road

Yes Uk ...Bonnie Scotland

Fitted full LPG (propane) system in my Range Rover, Bobtailed and modified for off road use.......

Bought Blazer as summit different, mind u did fancy the older models for some years....fitted with LPG. Since had that system fully overhauled by self and re-routed gas lines and few of the parts. Will be looking to purchase an interface shortle to set up LPG ECU as not touched original settings from purchase.

Runs great on LPG ....and doubles mpg.......

Old 01-24-2010, 10:25 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dandmprivate
Runs great on LPG ....and doubles mpg.......
yeah, i'll bet. what kind of range do you get on the Propane?