Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

any good sites???....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Jhop16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any good sites???....

hey ... i'm getting a 8 thousand doller settlement check in a few months and i plan to spend it all on my truck.... i plan to rebuild parts of my engine, get a new tranny, and a camaro rear end, and of corse some accessories too..... can anyone suggest a good website to buy stuff for a 92 s10 blazer 4wd., i been trying to find a site that has everything you could want hehe, or most of it, so i can just order from one site, the rear end i wont find on a website i know.... anyways...leave me some suggestions on some websites guys, -----on a side note, thanks for everyone who helped me fix my rear end , the plan worked out and its good as new --

Old 11-16-2005, 12:50 AM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: any good sites???....

i wish i was getting a check like that lol but have fun..... if you are looking to rebuild the engine a lil summitracing.com is the best website for engine parts then jegs.com i like summit bc they send you free deodorant when you buy something lol plus i havent ever had a problem with them my roommate has their number on speed dial on his cell phone lol have fun bro

Old 11-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

they give you deoderant now?!? thats hilarious. i only got a free hat my last order. i gotta buy something now, im running low.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:27 AM
93LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure why you would want to change the rear axle. You stated you SUV is a 4x4, this means your front axle and rear axle have the same gear ratio. Changing axle ratios on the rear will cause you nothing but problems if you try the 4wd. Do yourself a favor and put at least half of that away for your future.

Old 11-17-2005, 05:14 AM
drkmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point

Screw that...spend it ALL on the truck... I sense a V-8 conversion coming on...

Old 11-17-2005, 11:38 AM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Decals add power...

Old 11-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Jhop16 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah its a 3 payment settlement my first is when i turn 18 and i get 8 thousand dollers, i plan to spend it all on the truck ,cuz when it turn 21 i get a even biggger check to start my life with lol....

my plans were to get a camaro rear end, and either rebuild the engine or drop a camaro 350 in it as well...my brother told me that if i wante dto put a 350 in it and wanted my truck to be faster than the ricers we have around here, i'd have to put a camaro rear end on it, he said it wouldnt affect the 4wd... but idk if he knows what he is talking about...

Old 11-17-2005, 06:39 PM
drkmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point

You would have to match the gearing with the front end... check the code for the rearend... I know mine came with 308's, an LSD, and an 8.5" ring gear... similar to the camaro. That is in an 88 blazer. That drivetrain is strong enough for a v-8, however, you will need to beef up that 700R4 tranny to hold the horsepower

PS...each decal adds 5-10 horsepower depending on size

Old 11-17-2005, 06:41 PM
93LT is an unknown quantity at this point

A common Gear Ratio for these Blazers is 3.42:1 (the ones coming with the vortec 4.3). Find out what you gear ratio is, if it is 3.42:1, you can find a camaro axle with the same gearing as they produced quite a few of the Z28s with Tuned Port and the older 5.0 H.O.'s with the 3.42 rear axle gear ratios. Your basic camaro usually has 2.73:1, which you want to avoid like the pleague unless top end is what your looking for.

The axle swap is OK so long as you keep the gearing the same as it is now.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:52 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally if I had 8K to spend on my truck.
Rebuilt, 5.7L V8. Get the V8 conversion book from JTR. They cover everything you need to know about a V8 swap.
Rebuild the tranny to handle the power.
Then get a rear axle from a ZR2 4x4 Blazer. Make sure it has the G80 gov lock code in the glove box. This is a 8.5" ring and pinion gear, same size as the fullsize 10bolt rear axle. Actually about the only difference between the fullsize 10bolt axle and the ZR2 axle is the width of the axle. The ZR2 axle will fit under your truck real nice. Plus with the gov-lock when you light em up both rear tires will get power. You might have to control the axle wrap,a nd that is easy to do. Some of the s-series trucks (extened cab pick ups I belive) came with a factory traction shock. This is a shock the mounts to the axle and then mounts to the frame. This shock only controls axle wrap. Look for it along the frame rail. I think the ZR2 have it as well, if so. Then the axle mount is already in place.

Total sleeper truck.

If you really wanted power, stroke it to a 383. Get the JTR S10 V8 conversion book. They got it covered, including the drivetrain. They even have some GM S10 versions stuffed with an LS1. Best part, most of the parts for the conversion can be bought at the dealer, or junk yard. The motor mounts and 4x4 oil pan will either need to be fabriacted, or bought from a vendor. JTR even lists who makes the parts you need.

With the money left, get a bumper sticker that says "Can't touch this"

Quick Reply: any good sites???....