Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Blazer programming.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:04 PM
jzcan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer programming.

Ok gueys so i just bought a 2002 blazer s-10 4 wheel drive. They all come with the 4.3L V6 Vortec excellent engine. My question is this truck is pretty quick and has some ***** but i was told there is some type of protection or safetly on the computer system which wont allow the blazer to rev up very high or go very fast is this true?? If so how can i reprogram the computer so it doesnt back off the power???

Thanx.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:28 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazer programming.

I believe the factory sets the rev limiter at ~6,200rpm and the speed limiter at ~110mph. You can change both of these with a Hypertech programmer and probably others, but you need to be sure of what you're doing by altering these limits. Stop and ask yourself, "Why?'.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazer programming.

If you are referring to torque management, the 4.3L does not have any torque management being done by the PCM. If you are referring to the rev limiter and speed limiter, they are both there for a reason. Typically, the speed limiter is set at 98mph due to the speed rating of the tires that came stock on these trucks. You will gain pretty much nothing by increasing the rev limiter without modifying the engine internally to shift the power band higher up in the RPM range.