Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Do throttle body spacers really help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RWRIGHT
well my frined has the same blazer as me before he bought one he got 21 MPG after the TBS he now gets 26 MPG
I am interested in knowing how you would install a TBS on a CPI motor... "Same Blazer as me" means he has a 95 CPI. The throttle body is part of the upper intake plenum... No place to put a TBS.

Originally Posted by 95LS
quardajets can be a great carb IF ( this is a very big if ) they are set up right. id rather have a q-jet then a holley.
And I definitely agree with this statement. Most of the negative views towards the Quadrajet come from people who cannot properly set them up. The Quadrajet is a very complex carb as compared with a Holley. But once setup, they are not as finicky as a Holley either.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cookbrady845
...If by some stupid chance I installed the stupid thing upside down would this explain my poor results?
Ha ha, Yah that would explaine everything! JK!

Poor results have been explained a thousand times, but no one ever listens. If you think it looks cool, and you can afford a $100 Paperwieght, I say go for it!

Old 03-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think that there is a right side up on most of these spacers... But I have seen at least one that had a matching o-ring groove on the top side which would make it required to have that side up.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Beginning Member
BuckingBullMan is on a distinguished road

Yes they really work!!! well worth the money

Old 03-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by BuckingBullMan
Yes they really work!!! well worth the money
Is that all you have to say on the subject?... Have one on your 95 do you? (that is a joke because you cannot install a TBS on a CPI motor)

There are some applications (carb) and some motors (high RPM torque peak) where they can help depending on how you drive. I did not say do, but can.