Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Modifications > Performance & Brainstorming
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2009, 06:14 PM

89Blazin is on a distinguished road
Default ecu tuning?

i got a 89 full size 5.7, that is stock except some freshened up older vortec heads and magnaflow exhaust w/ 40 tips. it was recommended that i do an ECU tune to summon some lost horsepower. would like to get as much info as possible on type of chip or tuner that would be recommended.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Beginning Member

jamez70 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jamez70

I have a LOT of information regarding this. Please contact me and let me know what you need.

Jim
Old 09-25-2009, 01:49 PM

89Blazin is on a distinguished road
Default ecu tuning

thanks for responding, i'm looking for programmers that are user friendly! i don't want to trial and error on something so critical to my engine. wondering if their are pre-programmed chips that are recommended for a 350 5.7L chevy. if not , what is the most successfully used programmer, that includes comprehensive instructions. any input is appreciated!
tom
Old 09-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Beginning Member

jamez70 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jamez70

Check out moates.net (http://moates.net). They have a USB chip programmer that is user friendly. Do you have the part # of your computer? I'll take a look and see which chip you need to use.

For me, I picked up 29SF512 flash chips for a few bucks a piece, and an EPROM programmer for about $35. The EPROM programmer was pretty crude (its NOT that moates.net programmer), and it was not very user friendly at all, but I'm an engineer so I figured it out.

I downloaded the code from my chip, then turned it into assembly language. I found some commented code on the internet and I just fixed it up to match mine. This way I can just recompile the file and program it. All the different locations are commented so I know what does what.

Anyway, get me the part # of your computer and I'll tell you exactly what you need.

Jim
Old 10-14-2009, 01:49 PM

m5james is an unknown quantity at this point

Stupid newbie question, but are there any free/cheap software for a 90 S10 Blazer w/ the 4.3? $35 for a EEPROM programmer and downloading some software is within my price range.

Took ownership in 05 w/234k, now has 272k...USUALLY runs like a CHAMP
Gave to my litle brother Dec '10...hopefully he takes care of it the way he should!

Plugs, cap/rotor/wires - 5/05
Fuel pump/filter - 9/05
Pads/rotors - 11/05
Waterpump/gasket - 7/07
Thermostat/gasket - 1/08
Plugs (Delco's this time), cap/rotor/wires - 10/09
Engine mounts, transmission service - 2/10
Old 10-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Beginning Member
1994 Chevrolet Blazer

VortecSS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to VortecSS

sorry for the thread jack but i too am looking for a user friendly programmer for a 94 s10 blazer vortec v6... any help is greatly appreicated

ask 1 question,be dumb for a second....don't ask and just be dumb....your choice
Old 10-21-2009, 04:36 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
1994, 43, 43l, 97, 99, blazer, cheap, chevy, ecm, ecu, engine, eprom, programed, programmer, s10, tuning, v6