Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Exhaust Mods.....ANY HELP PLZ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Kilo is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust Mods.....ANY HELP PLZ??

I have a 01 4.3 want to mod it up for some performance starting with just some exhaust mods maybe headers or whole system ...my problem is I can't stand that V6 raspy ricer sound that's a v8 knock off.....so I'm lookin for performance but not have that raspy annoying ricer sound when driving....any help is appreciated thank you guys

Old 12-14-2013, 02:01 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

I hear headers are useless on these trucks. Just lst week I installed a highflow magnaflow cat and a high flow dynomax super turbo muffler. Seem to breath easier and have a little better pickup. The super turbo is a bit louder with a nice low tone. Its the quietest of all the ones I listened to

Old 12-14-2013, 03:03 PM

kinda what I was thinkin...I was just wanting to increase the flow to free up a lil power I know it wont be a big gain but every little bit adds up.. if ya know what I mean....watched a video off that dynomax muffler and under throttle it still has that annoying ricer sound lol I know its a v6 and I know any mods to exhaust will change the sound but gees that annoying

Old 12-14-2013, 03:20 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

nothing will help. Sure you can make it sound mean when its idling,or low rpm but as soon as you get into it you might as well enjoy the v6 sound.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:57 PM
BF Veteran

Its not a street racer, so you wont be " getting on it" It will free up a little power and like you said every little bit helps. White is an exhaust hater for some reason. No offense White

Old 12-14-2013, 07:40 PM

yeah I kinda figured nothing was out there...just thought it would be worth while to ask...and new guy I understand its not a street racer but when I say getting on the throttle I mean like just driving in general I know its not ear popping noise....but just like when you hear a 350 or so with the rumbles you know and then you hear a v6 its just annoying...ive been a v8 man for yrs I just got this blazer because imma chevy man and needed a little better gas mileage and well quite frankly the ole truck has grew on me but I still just cant justify putting a v8 in it for just sound I mean its my daily and it aint skipped a beat from day one....guess I will have to find other mods to free up some power

Old 12-14-2013, 07:55 PM
BF Veteran

Sorry to hear that cuz I feel the same way, also it doesnt sound the same as the youtube videos. Very mellow and not ricey at all. Nobody stands next to the tailpipe when listening to your truck like in the videos

Old 12-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

mine sounds like its farting at all times, has a glasspack a hooker tip and i think the cat has been replaced with a high flow or gutted

Old 07-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Starting Member
Zachary G Kisby is on a distinguished road

I need some help you guys. I really want to add a glass pack to my current 1995 exhaust system, but, there is a bit of a problem. The current pipe going into the current muffler is 2-3/4", going out is 2-1/4. I cant find any glass packs to reduce to that size or any tail pipes to fit any glasspacks.... HELP!

Old 08-09-2014, 12:06 PM
dwpreston is on a distinguished road

i had headers on a 2000 zr2 they made no difference that i could tell they just melted everything in the engine compartment. on the zr2 and my wifes blazer i run a 2 1/2 inch exhaust with a allflow non cat and a 40 series muffler sounds pretty good it isnt annoying at all

Quick Reply: Exhaust Mods.....ANY HELP PLZ??