Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Hypertech Max Energy Programmer - How much is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Beginning Member
lovemy01ZR2 is on a distinguished road
Default Hypertech Max Energy Programmer - How much is it worth?

My buddy has a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer out of his 2000 blazer that he wrecked. He asked me if I wanted to buy it. He said he gave $400 for it. I know nothing about the performance chips and how much they cost. Is this a excellent chip, and would it be worth the money? If so, how much should I offer him?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:00 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a 'chip', it's a handheld programmer and he would probably get a couple hundred for it used.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure he unlocks it before you buy it. If he doesn't reset his old truck back to stock, it'll cost you to get it unlocked by Hypertech.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Make sure he unlocks it before you buy it. If he doesn't reset his old truck back to stock, it'll cost you to get it unlocked by Hypertech.
True dat! There have more than a few folks that have bought used programmers only to find out they can't use them because the previous owner didn't return the vehicle back to stock.

Before you offer him anything, make sure he has returned his vehicle back to stock and that you will get your money back if he "claims" to but didn't. As already said, a couple hundred bucks is more than a fair price.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road

Make sure its a reasonable price. I bought mine for my 2000 Blazer for $300 direct from Hypertech. Its on sale now for $150. LOL So make sure he gives ya a good price on it.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Beginning Member

What if his blazer is long gone? Im pretty sure he doesn't have it anymore. Could he still "unlock" it?
I guess the best thing to do would be try it out on mine before I buy it. Right?

Attached Thumbnails Hypertech Max Energy Programmer - How much is it worth?-maxenergy2-1.jpg  

Last edited by lovemy01ZR2; 02-03-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

try it out.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road

Definitely try it out. Its locked per vehicle unless you restore the vehicle back to factory settings.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Beginning Member

Ok...got it in my hand. haven't paid for it yet. But he said he'd take $200 for it. I went to plug it up went through some steps, got my VIN # programmed into it, then it said I think "Code 91: PROGRAM YOUR VEHICLE BACK TO STOCK BEFORE PROGRAMMING ANOTHER VEHICLE" (That's what yall were talking about when you said "unlock" isn't it. He said he programmed it back to stock before selling the blazer, and I trust him. So why would it be giving me that error? I looked on the Hypertech website and manual...it didn't help...

Old 02-04-2010, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

He didn't set his vehicle back to stock. The programmer will need to go back to HyperTech to be reset unless he can find his old vehicle and do it.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy Programmer - How much is it worth?