Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Duramax

Old 01-20-2009, 07:07 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Duramax

The other day I whent and test drove a 2500 with a duramax diesel. I fell in love with it, but didn't want to drop 30K just to have it. Then I started wondering about puting a duramax in my jimmy and how bad *** that would be. Sure it will require modifacations out the wazzu but it would be worth it, at least i think it would be. Does anyone know of anyone who has also had this brilliant idea, or even better, actually gone through with it?

Old 01-20-2009, 07:16 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Duramax

Banks Performance has the S10 diesel. And there was a ZR2 with a diesel I saw somewhere...

I think theyre just too big!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The duramax is definitely a big motor. Its width is what will be a problem in an s-series engine bay.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Starting Member
greenjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, i've seen a corvette with a dmax and that thing was a monster. did some pretty nice burnouts and was hella fast. other than that, i think that is the smallestcar/truck i have seen that motor in.personaly,i would get a ls2 and tune it some then throw it in. 450hp is way more than enuff for our trucks, and ppl have done it.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:31 AM

450hp is plenty enough, hell 190hp does fine as is.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

D-max my K5...[&:]

Old 01-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Starting Member
greenjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, 190 does, i just love the sound of a cammed v8. heck, i love the sound of any american v8. can't stand those high reving euro v8.

dmax in a k5 would be nice too. my dad used to be in the army and said that a k5 with the 6.2l desel would just walk laps around the humve.

if you want a dmax in your s10, wait till they come out with the 4.5l dmax.from what i have heard it will be almost as strong as the first 6.6l dmax.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:47 PM

k5s have plenty of room fro a 6.6L dmax.