Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

New Throttle Blade, any one ever try it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Throttle Blade, any one ever try it?

Hey all has any one tried this, and does it work?

http://marine-performance-parts.com/...lv6vortec.aspx

Also look here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWAtgBj4Rw

Last edited by 96chevblazer; 08-15-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can do it yourself. Just remove the throttle body, remove the throttle blade, and cut the deflector off and save some coin.

I did this on my old Bravada and it made absolutely no appreciable difference in WOT performance. I scanned some 0-60 runs before and after the mod and there was no difference. That had a CAI and Hypertech tune on it at the time as well. I averaged 6 runs of each setup running up and down the same road.

Also, when I checked the plugs ~10k miles after the mod, I noticed an uneven coloration from the plugs in the front to those in the back. The plugs in the front seemed to be running rich while the plugs in the back were running more lean. The best reason I can come up with is that the EGR gasses were not being distributed properly with the deflector removed.

The ONLY thing that removing the deflector did for me was increased the pedal off idle sensitivity. It actually was a pain to drive and mileage dropped.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:18 AM

Thats kind what i thought, i figured the original blade was shaped that way for a reason.

thats the reason no one here has one on lol,
i would be too afraid i would drop the screw down my intake lol

Old 08-31-2009, 02:11 AM
elementtrev is on a distinguished road

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/og1/modinfo/tbmod/tbmod.html here is the instructions for this mod hope it helps.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:36 AM

Thanks but i dont think im gonna do it because of what swartlkk said

Old 08-31-2009, 09:52 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Tempting mod, I might look into it, but probably purchase a new throttle blade just so if I don't like it, I can always go back.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Grab a junkyard throttle body. It is faster and easier to swap TB's than it is to swap the blade.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Thanks Kyle, I'll look into it, I'll probably end up doing it next summer, I don't work during school so I need the cash I've managed to accumulate over and above my spending on my Blazer.

Oh, and... But you can have it back now lol.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Beginning Member
Coyote is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought one of the throttle blades from CFM I did notice the quicker throttle response. I raced my Blazer this weekend after putting the new blade in and their wasn't any change in my 1/4 mile times. I'm going to put the stock one back in but I'm going to grind a little off the half moon I took a little less than a 1/4" it seemed to make a little quicker throttle response. I aslo bought a new bigger mass air flow I got it from Granatelli Motor Sports for the cold air intake and they told me to run the stock throttle blade as the one thinner one I bought will make the engine run to lean.

Last edited by Coyote; 09-10-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 PM
hubbmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

What about throwing a few (2,3,4) ports in the blade with a drill? Seems like an easy way to increase flow and still keep a moderate amount of deflection?

Quick Reply: New Throttle Blade, any one ever try it?