Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Spectre Performance CAI, a Story of mixed feelings

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road
Default Spectre Performance CAI, a Story of mixed feelings

What i need is, Opinions, Long Run Consequences/Advantages, Personal Experiences, just an all around review of the product before i get paid Tuesday.
Currently i have the stock vortec Intake with a k&n filter on it, a Dynomax Super Turbo Catback Exhaust with 30 series

I've fallen in love with it and am so close to ordering it asap, my dad thinks otherwise just need a little convincing

Old 01-09-2011, 10:26 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

While any CAI will give you a slight gain (maximized with a PCM tune), I've heard more bad about spectre filters than I have K&N... considering the system is cheaper than a K&N system, maybe price how much a K&N filter for your system may be if you decide to change over, that way you'll know if it's worthwhile to step up to a filter on the spectre system, or just drop the do re mi on the K&N FIPK... Just keep your filter clean and oiled (not excessively though) and you *should* be alright.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Starting Member

Thanks, i've decided against it really, maybe if i had a practical need for it like offroading where i'd need the tiny bit of extra power, but for what i'm doing it'll be best just to save my money, you can delete this thread if possible being i've decided against it

Old 01-15-2011, 12:31 PM
hellblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hellblazer

ive got a 99 blzr. 4.3 and i bought my spectre intake system for it from jegs for about 125.00 and i was not dissapointed.i did my shopping for a while and couldnt decide.becides others were to xpencive as well.came with a filter as well with it, but the filter itself was restricing air from comming in bcause the bottom part of it was like hard plastic.so i took it off and bought a bad--s.one from autozone for about 40 bucks.and let me till u it looks awesome bottom part of it is like cone shaped oh,and the intake comes with a heatshield as well.still have it on.i hope this was helpfull bro.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Starting Member

It was, i'm actually debating it (contrary to what i said earlier) lol

Old 01-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Interceptor9C1 is an unknown quantity at this point

It fits like crap. I spent more time getting that thing to fit/look/work correctly than i did installing a remote start. If i were to do it again id just save for the K&N

Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

I have to disagree, it fit PERFECTLY for me. the Heat shield was a little tricky but i got it figured out to! I am very pleased with mine. for $110 you cant beat it. and if you're that **** about K&N throw a K&N filter n on it. the body itself is almost identical to the K&N set up.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Starting Member
EvilTribble is on a distinguished road

I've been lurking for a while and I decided to throw my hat in for this one. I had a bone stock 4 door blazer which was killing me on gas. I threw in a spectre CAI with the heat shield and now I'm up two mpg. I worked it out and the CAI will pay itself off in gas savings in less than 2 oil changes. Once I showed my Dad my estimates he was alright with it. For me it has been strictly an economic purchase which has worked out pretty well.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:28 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

I have one, and i love it. Great noise when accelerating, slight noticebaly increase in throttle response, small gas mileage gains. You really cant go wrong for the price man.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:20 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

thanks for info guys. my gas mileage is been going way down even with my max goin 65 on my highway drives. ......hmmm looks like i may try to get one before my trip...

Quick Reply: Spectre Performance CAI, a Story of mixed feelings