Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Throttle Body mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Temperature has A LOT to do with things as does accessories being driven. What was it, 90F+ six months ago in FL and now somewhere around 70F? Probably don't have to run the AC much this time of year. Just that means your observations are flawed and now you mention a **** ton of additional work htat has been done to it...

Just to put some more info out there, I saw just under a 0.8 second difference in the 0-60 averages for AC-on vs. AC-off in my old Bravada on a 85F day, absolutely no other variances and allowing a 10 minute idle session between each of the 10 total runs.

Listen, I completely believe that you think your truck got faster and if that makes you happy, good.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:48 PM
Beginning Member
ThaDopeShow is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Unless you put a stock throttle blade on ran 5 passes from the exact same starting point to the exact same ending point and then immediately swapped to a modified blade on and ran the exact same setup 5 more times and take the average from before and after you are not getting accurate results.
I've done 3 passes without the mod and got the same time of 12sec every time, and I have done 2 passes with the mod and got the same time of 9sec. And I have started at the same starting point and ending point that I did without the mod. It may be hard for you to believe but I've got no reason to lie, and I've already listed all the new parts I've put on. I'll do more passes tomorrow and see if I get the same time, the only difference between the passes is without the mod I did in the day time and with the mod I did right after dark on the same road at the same exact starting point and that is the only difference was the time of day, tomorrow I'll use dashcommand odb2 app in the performance tab and show screen shots

Old 01-31-2017, 07:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have already invalidated your 12 second time, there is no question there. No need to further try to push your gains as no one here is buying it. That's why I said that if you're happy, good. No matter what you do from here on out (short of testing it with a stock throttle blade) will change my opinion of your comparison as it involved a truck with compromised injection, ignition, and various other systems for the pre-mod test.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:21 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You have already invalidated your 12 second time, there is no question there. No need to further try to push your gains as no one here is buying it. That's why I said that if you're happy, good. No matter what you do from here on out (short of testing it with a stock throttle blade) will change my opinion of your comparison as it involved a truck with compromised injection, ignition, and various other systems for the pre-mod test.
Yup I'm happy with it and that's all that matters because it runs awesome actually better then brand new, I also have a jet performance stage 1 chip in it to but I had that in it over 6 months ago.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:08 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ThaDopeShow
Yup I'm happy with it and that's all that matters because it runs awesome actually better then brand new, I also have a jet performance stage 1 chip in it to but I had that in it over 6 months ago.
Another item that does nothing , 3 sec. Increase? How far , 5 miles LOL

Last edited by newguy; 01-31-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:17 PM
Beginning Member

There is no need to talk like that too other members. Keep things respectful for everyone's sake please.

Last edited by rexmburns; 01-31-2017 at 11:22 PM.