Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

My New Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 03:03 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough
Default My New Project

Hi all!

I have postponed doing anything else with my 93 Jimmy. When I found out the transmission was shot I started evaluating my options for what to do. I was contemplating buying another tranny and installing it but one evening while browsing Craigslist I came across a 94 Blazer for $400. I investigated and found out it had a little over 130,000 miles on it and was otherwise in good shape. The reason the owner was selling it was because the starter quit working and his wife wanted it out of the front yard. The guy I bought it from was already rebuilding an older K5 Blazer and didn't need this one as well.

I bought it and had it towed home where I replaced the starter, a couple fuses, fusible link and driver's side power window motor. A little vacuuming and washing and it's in very nice shape. It runs very well and everything on it works well. Ever since high school I've loved the S/T series trucks and I'm very excited to have this Blazer on the road now.

In the not-too-distant future (once my wife starts her new job and we have lots of money) I'm going to address an issue with the front end. Both front tires are worn on the outside edges which leads me to believe it may need tie rod ends. I'll check that out next month after her first paycheck. I'm also planning on upgrading the stereo shortly thereafter. I'd really like to get something with an HD radio tuner.

Take a look...

94 Blazer Front by tobyhanson, on Flickr

94 Blazer Quarter by tobyhanson, on Flickr

94 Blazer Interior by tobyhanson, on Flickr

94 Blazer Rear by tobyhanson, on Flickr

Old 08-22-2010, 03:45 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Looks pretty nice, good luck with the new ride.