Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Your First Car

Old 12-07-2009, 11:55 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

There she is!

Old 12-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Here's mine:

Bought it when I was 14 for $2000! And still have it!

Old 12-07-2009, 12:18 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DFINE160
Oh the GP was alot of fun to drive especially in the summer when I could take the t-tops out. Almost as fun as driving my supra with the targa top.
Supra? say waaaa? Do you still have this Supra? If so, I demand pics ASAP.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a 68 Dub , rattle can white with Baja rear fenders and 3' stinger exhaust. Drove that for about a year and got a 94 S10 with Southern Comfort ground effects

Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Starting Member
DrEaMsTeVe is on a distinguished road

My first vehicle was a 1989 jimmy 4x4 2 door. The whole thing was bought for $900 dollars back in 2005 and I got it in working order.

Windows was off the tracks so you had to crank it and adjust it as it went up.

The oil leaked out the rear main seal.

The body was all dinged up and the door would make this terrible screech when you opened it.

Transmission was torn up all over. I would rev to 5 grand sometimes before shifting to the next gear. That bucket never did get faster than 60 miles an hour.

The A/C barely got cold and only blew on the floor.

I sold it to my brother for parts right when the master cylinder went out and starting going through a bottle of brake fluid a day.

I literally drove the wheels off it one day. Took a right turn and my passenger side rear end dropped and I pulled over on the side of the road....the tire kept on rolling without me...had to go get it out of someone's yard....

I loved that old bastard. Had it till the beginning of '09 and upgraded to what I have now. I'm proud that I even kept it running for as long as I did. I learned alot about vehicles by "experimenting" with that one.

Now I can troubleshoot computers and Vehicles with a moderate degree of success. I'm 50/50 manly/nerdy now.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Beginning Member
DFINE160 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Supra? say waaaa? Do you still have this Supra? If so, I demand pics ASAP.
I parted with that thing a few years ago. It was a money pit! But when it was running good, it was so much fun to drive. I've had more vehicles than I can shake a stick at. I just get bored and I don't get attached to anything.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I parted with that thing a few years ago. It was a money pit! But when it was running good, it was so much fun to drive. I've had more vehicles than I can shake a stick at. I just get bored and I don't get attached to anything.
Aww, too bad. Supra's are amazing cars. The amount of power you can get out of them is just unreal. They're sexy looking cars too. Arguably THE best tuner car ever made.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Sisk
Aww, too bad. Supra's are amazing cars. The amount of power you can get out of them is just unreal. They're sexy looking cars too. Arguably THE best tuner car ever made.
I don't know man, 240 sx's are cheap AND efficient. Well with an SR or RB swap anyway. Parts the supra were just outrageous. Labor wasn't cheap either being an inline 6 and all the turbo stuff you had to remove. Cough replacing head gaskets caugh.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
BF Veteran

I don't know man, 240 sx's are cheap AND efficient. Well with an SR or RB swap anyway. Parts the supra were just outrageous. Labor wasn't cheap either being an inline 6 and all the turbo stuff you had to remove. Cough replacing head gaskets caugh.
You have a point about cost. They certainly werent cheap to own or operate. What year did you have? Late 90's were my favorite.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Beginning Member

Mine was an 89, white, blue interior, targa top, turbo charged, and 5 speed tranny.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your First Car