Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Banging noise from front right wheel

Old 10-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road
Default Banging noise from front right wheel

I was in an accident on Tuesday, and I managed to get the car suspended in mid-air. When it landed, the right front wheel hit before the left one, so it took most of the weight. It seemed to be fine, but then yesterday (Wednesday), I was making a left turn and it started banging. Before we bought it, my dad said the pitman arm would need changed sometime. Could this be it? It seems to only make the noise when turning left, but it's really loud. Someone said it could be any number of things. What can it be?

Old 10-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you are going to have to get under there and do some inspecting... Could be any number of things. Pitman arm, ball joints, sway bar end links, etc.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Tiny is on a distinguished road

when I had first bought my 94 Jimmy the rubber mounts on the torsion bar mount (the back of the torsion bar in the cross member one on each side) were bad causing a loud bang under your feet I replaced them and then it was good I have a few friends that have older s-10's and they do the same but they havent ever replaced them they have the when it falls out it will get fixed mentality Its been about 8 years since I did it and cant remember exactly where they are but they should be easy enough to spot I think I took a bar and pryed up on it to see the separation of the rubber from the steel

just a thought

Pic from ebay all I could find

Last edited by Tiny; 10-12-2010 at 02:49 PM.