Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Blazer transfer case trouble occasional

Old 03-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Beginning Member
thenours is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer transfer case trouble occasional

Hello , I bought a blazer 2000 4dr , 2 week ago , I have no problem at all to engage the 4Lo and 4Hi , but when i try to disengage the 4x4 , to go into 2Hi , its can take several tries , i heard "click - click" from the TCCM , but its stay on the 4 HI , i have to push the 2 Hi buttom about 10 times , and finally it work

When the motor is cold , it seem be easier , I soon i start the engine , if i push the 2 HI within 1 minute , it work after 2-3 tries , if i'm already running since several minutes.. or even hours.. its can take up to 30 times before disengage the 4x4 , any speed , even on Park , neutral or at 60mph , its the same thing

I heard , under battery there is something.. can be removed and oiled... when the 4x4 cant be disengage at all , its only disengage half and kick back on 4x4 , I have no idea what is.. and if this could fix this issue

I went to shop for change engine oil , there checked everything , there said my differential was missing alot of oil and there filled it up , I dont know if is related to transfer case issue or not

Its not a big problem for now.. Since i still can use both , 4HI and 2Hi
but i was wondering what could cause this problem , its working after several tries... if was not working at all is could be another story but since it occasionally could be a specify part to remplace?

I have another blazer since 6 years , 1999 2dr , and its working awesome , so i was wondering if i could switch the TCCM ? I dont have much experiment about truck , I have no idea where is located the transfer case motor or vaccum line or anything , I have found the TCCM under the kick panel , plug seem all clean

Thank you for any reply

Old 03-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could try lubricating the front axle actuator cable.

You could also run the codes from the PCM by following the information found in the thread entitled OBD2 Non-Automatic Transfer Case Diagnostics in the Tech Article (DIY) section. See if that turns up any direction for diagnosis.