Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Body lift + suspension lift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Body lift + suspension lift?

SInce my 18th birthday is comiong up the peeps said they wann get something big for me thise year, so i thought some life for my ride. i wanna do a 2in body lift and a 2 inch suspension lift, is this possible, has anyone done it, do you have pictures?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:01 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Body lift + suspension lift?

True story, very possible. Umm check my photos out. I have that exact same setup. Good luck!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats exatlcy wat, the look i wanted* im gonna get black rims btw as well how much dd that run you ?

Old 01-29-2008, 03:58 PM

Nice, I've actually been thinking of black wheels myself. But I do like my aluminum wheels. Umm the 2" lift I got from Rough Country and right now its going for $430. I also got the 2" body lift from them for $208. The body lift isgoing to come with all the bumper brackets and stuff.

Heres the link to the Suspension lift kit. You can browse the site for the body lift.
http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_bodylifts.htm

If thats too much $ for you the majority of blazers on this forum do a 1.5" T-bar crank and buy 1.5" shackles for the rear. Then they get the 2" body lift.

Let me know what you end up deciding, or if you need help with any of the install. There are some things you can disregard on the body lift when you get to that. Post or PM me.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:40 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I am doing a body lift right now what did you discard?

Old 01-29-2008, 06:43 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Pretty much the only thing that 2" lift gets you, is new upper a-arms, balljoints, some torsion keys (which you probably won't use), and 2" shackles or an add a leaf for the rear. Pretty much the same thing you can do for $80 for just the 2" shackles for the rear and a 1.5-2" torsion bar crank. The kit will not relocate anything or make the front end components wear out any slower. If you need balljoints anyhow then this would be a pretty worthwhile kit, otherwise I would save the money since you are in highschool yet. Also there are many threads with varying information out there, if you just use the seach function and search for "lift", "suspension lift", or "body lift". Also if you want to see a 4 door with that setup, check out RCars2 ride

Old 01-29-2008, 06:56 PM

I looked a lot into the 2" lift to see if it helped wear on the front end and out of all my research I found that it was the same as a t bar crank for the most part. I am not saying that its not for some, because I think that Navyblue_sk8er's looks awsome. Honestly seeing his is what made me finally pull the trigger and do mine.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:37 PM

You can disregard the battery tray moving and the vacum thing under that. Also you can keep the the fuel hoses. The kit came with the same size hose as stock. The only difference was that it didn't have the kink in it. I kept the stock hose with the kink. I would disconnect the fuel servicing inlet from the body being that you do have to jack the body over 2" to get the blocks under it. The only thing the new upper control arm is doing is helping the upper ball joint angle, and the kit includes front shock relocation brackets. Which is helping the shockangle. New front shock angle is really not all that necissary. Thats about it. Its not helping the front end wear or CV angle. But honeslty I didn't care and I had the money so I went for the whole kit. But for the most part the kit may not be worth the money for an extra 1/2" to most of you. Make sure to give us pics after your install.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:44 PM

Well if you had the money who cares what anyone else says. Thats my motto. Do you have much rubbing with those 32's. I am worried about how those meaty 31s are going to be with rubbing. Oh and I will be sure to post pics as soon as we are done, I have had a lot of requests for them.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:51 PM

I would have to say Minor to Med. trimming done to make the 32's work. Not to bad though. I know some have 33x12.5 with the same set-up and the trimming still isn't that bad.I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow of the trimming. Actaully I think millertime (sry if spelled it wrong) has pics of the trimming with the same set-upw/ 32's.

Quick Reply: Body lift + suspension lift?