Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Chevy Blazer lean

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 01:59 PM
chroman89 is on a distinguished road
Default Chevy Blazer lean

I've had my Blazer for just over a month now. Bought through a dealership and didn't notice the slight lean it had towards the passenger side. When on a flat surface facing the front of the vehicle I can see that it leans to the passenger side in the front, and standing at the back, same thing. Can I get any enlightenment on this? If its a big issue or a minor issue, or something I can simply adjust. I've read about torsion bar raises/lowers. But I don't know if that would fix my "problem", if it even is one. I measure the front passenger side is almost a full inch lower then the passenger.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:49 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

How many miles are on it? most likely you have a saggy torsion bar and to temporarily fix it you can jack up the front end and turn the passenger side torsion bar bolt about 4 times (if you dont know where that is, do a quick search on here) that will fix it till it sags some more, which will probably be a few years (if it is your torsion bar).

My friend had the same problem and i though it was the torsion bar so i did that fix and that worked for a few months but then we figured out he had a really bad lower control arm which just finally ripped its self off the knuckle on the hub as he was driving down the road, not fun to end up on 3 tires (Another story soon to come)

But i highly doubt thats your problem because that doesnt happen often, but just to be safe check out the control arms to see if they have cracks in them. But im 99% sure its your torsion bar.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:40 PM
chroman89 is on a distinguished road

It has 145,000kms on it. I will try that, most of my research has led to adjusting the torsion bar. And I will take a closer look at my control arms. Everything else seems to be fine. I'll follow up on my possible success. That really blows chunks for your buddies experience. I can't imagine ending up on 3 would be a good time. Many thanks.