Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Driveworks from advance auto anyone use them before?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 02:42 PM
bigred01 is on a distinguished road
Default Driveworks from advance auto anyone use them before?

well got my blazer looked at, needs a lot of suspension pieces, labeled the truck unsafe. well im shopping for parts and ive noticed this brand is cheaper than moog considerably. anyone ever use thier products. if any one was wondering my list is. hubs both sides, tie rod ends and sleeves both sides, idler arm, front shocks, cv halfshafts. thank you

Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

dont use cheap parts as u will be replacing them again soon spend the money on moog yes its expensive but its durable and greasable. its also life time warrenty. shop for parts on rockauto.com

Old 04-19-2013, 03:21 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

I use moog for hubs ball joints pitman arm because they`re a pain to vchange tie rods are cheaper parts

Old 04-19-2013, 03:34 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

People on here are always Moog this or Moog that and say get the Moog part because it's superior with a lifetime warranty. Well Moog's quality has gone to crap. They are no better than any other brand lately.

Now, to answer the original question. Driveworks is a cheaper brand, yes, but on almost all their parts, they come with a limited lifetime warranty. If a part is bad, it won't matter what you replace it with as long as it's new, it'll instantly make it better. Remember, it doesn't matter about the name on the part, it matters about how you care for the part. Grease your front end at every oil change and they'll last. I have Driveworks parts on my Blazer and they work just fine. Don't let all the Moog hype and Driveworks bashing sway your opinion from saving money. I mean, if you have excess money laying around, you might as well get the more expensive part. But if not, Driveworks will do just fine.

Also, check Rock Auto. Their prices are generally cheaper than Advance, even after the discount codes Advance offers.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:44 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

ive noticed alot of people talking about moogs quality dropping. hmm.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Moog hubs are made by BCA, and quality has dropped over the years. Timken "professional grade" is still the best, (most made in USA). Their "service grade" line is average and competes with Moog. As for suspension & steering parts: Moog, TRW, (and BCA) are all owned by parent company Federal Mogul, a tier one OEM supplier. Many of the Moog & TRW parts are 100% identical. The Moog "Problem Solver" line of parts is a huge step up from OEM and worth every penny. Not sure who makes Driveworks, but judging from the price, probably somewhere across the pond. It has to meet federal safety standards, (same quality as OEM) which means it will work. How well and how long is the question... kinda like 1 ply and 4 ply toilet paper Before you buy any parts, you should consider how long you're planning on keeping the vehicle.... you get what you pay for.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:28 PM

thanks for the input everyone, ill check out rock auto in a little bit

Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Moog hubs are made by BCA, and quality has dropped over the years. Timken "professional grade" is still the best, (most made in USA). Their "service grade" line is average and competes with Moog. As for suspension & steering parts: Moog, TRW, (and BCA) are all owned by parent company Federal Mogul, a tier one OEM supplier. Many of the Moog & TRW parts are 100% identical. The Moog "Problem Solver" line of parts is a huge step up from OEM and worth every penny. Not sure who makes Driveworks, but judging from the price, probably somewhere across the pond. It has to meet federal safety standards, (same quality as OEM) which means it will work. How well and how long is the question... kinda like 1 ply and 4 ply toilet paper Before you buy any parts, you should consider how long you're planning on keeping the vehicle.... you get what you pay for.
i will have to agree with u there on that one

Old 08-06-2013, 08:22 PM

well I put the idler arm on july 1st, it broke last night aug 5th junk never using driveworks again, lets see if they honor the warranty if it had one...

Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Pay the difference and upgrade to Moog.

Quick Reply: Driveworks from advance auto anyone use them before?