Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 PM

petethepig24 is on a distinguished road
Default four wheel drive problem

i have a weird problem with mt four wheel drive, i push the button, i hear the click in the right side, so i know the module works and i hear the tranfer case shift(both into hi and lo) but it doesnt engage, some one told me it could be a vacuum switch, but before i change parts i figured i ask you guys...any ideas? thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
2001 Chevrolet Blazer

nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to nj4x4blaze

Sounds like the vacuum switch is getting stuck. Just remove it and clean it out. The switch is located on your transfer case and you'll see 3 hoses going to it.

Click the image to open in full size.
Btw thanks to Kyle for the above picture. I'm currently using this to clean out my vacuum switch.

And if you are still having problems, then remove your battery tray and check the Vacuum Actuator, they are known to go bad as well.

Last edited by nj4x4blaze; 01-06-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 PM

ssfligg is on a distinguished road

My 2004 Blazer was not going into 4 Hi, i traced the vacuum lines and jiggled some wires and now it works. I found the vaccuum line in your diagram, line B, which you have vented to atmosphere. This line is sucking in air, like a working vaccuum in all modes, 2wd, 4 low and 4 hi. That does not seem right and I was wondering if it was normal.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
1994, 2000, actuator, blazer, chevy, drive, engage, guys, k5, located, mechanical, problems, vacuum, wheel, wont