Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Beginning Member

218persuader is on a distinguished road
Default Front End Looseness, Wobble and Vibration

I have a 2000 4 dr Blazer with 150K and in the past 6 months I have been trying to get caught up on some maintenance that had been neglected. I have put new tires, shocks, brakes, u-joints, 3 out 4 ball joints need replaced and both wheel bearings have been replaced in the past couple years. During this time I felt an improvement in the drive increase greatly and now a couple months has gone by and I have developed or feel a “wobble” in the front end. At slow speeds in slightly rough driving the front feels loose and feels like something is wobbling. On the highway I can go 20 miles in one direction smoothly and turn and go back and I get a bad vibration intermittently for a couple miles at a time. I have been back through things looking for something loose with no success. Any Ideas?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

Sounds like something in your steering linkage is a bit messed up. As the tie rod ends, pitman, and idler arms wear, they can cause weird things to happen. Especially the idler arm.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Starting Member

86Blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

im having the same issue. the pitman arm and tie rod ends are shot on mine.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:46 AM
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TheBrettster

Try getting an alignment. This happened when I went with bigger tires on my truck I would go past 75 and the thing would be all over the place.

AAZK 4Lyphe
Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks guys for the ideas, I knew my front rotors were needing replaced. I have replaced them and at that time I just double checked everything and found that the left front shock upper mount wasn’t as tight as it could have been. I tightened everything (I guess my impact gun doesn’t have the torque I thought it did) and I believe this took the wobble out of the front end. The new rotors definitely helped with the vibration in the front, but I still have a intermediate aggressive vibration throughout the blazer. I appreciate the steering ideas, but I assume this would be present at all times (just asking)? I can be driving along cruise set at 65 and I don’t know if a bump, steering wheel move or what will set it off, but this fairly violent vibration throughout the blazer will take off. I can feel it in the seat, the dash shakes and stuff in the back rattles. Then once again I will hit a bump, make my way around a sweeping turn in the road and it will come out of it and drive nice until next time. I drive about 35 miles on way to work and this will happen 2-3 time each way and I don’t believe it is in the same spots. Thanks again for the help and I do appreciate all additional help.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:31 PM
1998 Chevrolet Blazer

Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ryanmatt135

unbalanced tires?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Starting Member
1999 Chevrolet Blazer

speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check your upper a frame bushings to. Sometimes if there really bad you tend to go with bumps in the road. Happened to me and once I changed them it was a more stable ride. Unbalanced tires could be a very good factor too
Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Beginning Member

rsturge is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a bad vibration when i hit about 60km hr and it would go away in 30 to 40 sec turned out to be a sticking rear calliper. pretty easy fix.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks guys, ended up having a rear brake pad stick and tore up the rotor. I replaced pads and rotors, now she rides alot better. Still have a slight vibration occasionaly and now a strange hum inside, still chasing.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
aligment, blazer, chevy, driver, drives, end, front, makes, silverado, tire, tires, truck, wheel, wobble, wobbling