Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Squeaky SOB

Old 12-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Beginning Member
wdhova is on a distinguished road
Default Squeaky SOB

Does anybody else get major squeaking from the rear window and or spare tire assembly when driving? Not so bad on the roads, but in the hills the washboards are killing me, I have to crank my stereo to block it out but then I miss out on the quiet drive that could have been.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:15 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You're not the only one. It's been discussed a bit before including in the "common and annoying quirks" thread. Mine does it occationally, but usually only when it's really cold out.

Remember the search feature is your friend All I did was search "rear glass squeak" and came up with the following threads dealing with the issue:

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...r+glass+squeak
https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...r+glass+squeak

Here are the search results I came up with if you'd like to look through them:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/search...earchid=429394

Old 01-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Beginning Member
mxboy96 is on a distinguished road

Lol. All the time. Like Sisk said, mostly in the cold weather though. Mine drives me nuts, but mine has way more than just the back glass. There's a nasty one in the front right of the dash or so, possibly from the suspension even maybe. That's the worst, cause I just plain can't find the cause. But there's that one, the back glass, nothing you can really do there, my doors rattle lightly sometimes, and the interior panels in the back somewhere like to 'squeak' sometimes too. I hate it! But what are ya gunna do? (97 4dr blaze)

Old 01-01-2010, 07:59 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

yup i have the samething. Mines real bad. You can try adjusting the latch. That worked for a while until i out my 33in spare on the back. If its real bad i will pop the glass open and it will stop.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Beginning Member
wdhova is on a distinguished road

I did the open the glass once and the next thing I knew the whole back had nasty layer of dirt on just about everything. It worked though.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:34 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mxboy96
Lol. All the time. Like Sisk said, mostly in the cold weather though. Mine drives me nuts, but mine has way more than just the back glass. There's a nasty one in the front right of the dash or so, possibly from the suspension even maybe. That's the worst, cause I just plain can't find the cause. But there's that one, the back glass, nothing you can really do there, my doors rattle lightly sometimes, and the interior panels in the back somewhere like to 'squeak' sometimes too. I hate it! But what are ya gunna do? (97 4dr blaze)
Do a quick search on the forum for "hood hinge washer" and you might find the solution to that squeak in your dash.