Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Hub/bearing replaced, ABS sensor cut!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Beginning Member
BonestockZR2 is on a distinguished road
Default Hub/bearing replaced, ABS sensor cut!

So I replaced my bearing hub on both sizes on my 01 ZR2. They fit well, and I plugged the ABS sensors in and went for a test drive. First stop was OK. Next stop, the ABS kept engaging and I almost rolled thru a stop sign. After that, the ABS and "BRAKE!" dummy lights came on and have stayed on since. Then I went to see what was going on this weekend, pulled the tires and rotors and saw the following:

It's almost like the back edge of the rotor sawed this off as it spun around. But I don't think there's an incorrect way to install this hub assy. Anybody experience this before, or have any ideas where I could find a lower profile ABS sensor? The base on this sensor just seems too long. By looking at where it is cut, you can see that it's about 1/4" away from the inflexible base, so I can't bend it out of the way anymore.

<-- I don't know.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! That doesn't look right... All of the other hub assemblies I have installed on the later model 2nd gens had a bolt on ABS sensor and the wiring went out at a right angle through that hole, not straight out towards the rotor...

You've found the problem though.

What was the part number for the hubs you installed? Where did you get them from?

Old 12-14-2009, 07:31 PM
ve3nsv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Damn! That doesn't look right... All of the other hub assemblies I have installed on the later model 2nd gens had a bolt on ABS sensor and the wiring went out at a right angle through that hole, not straight out towards the rotor...

You've found the problem though.

What was the part number for the hubs you installed? Where did you get them from?

I just replaced my passenger front one and it was as Swarlkk described and held in place with a single allen head bolt.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Beginning Member

Hmm....I dunno. Here's the sales confirmation I got from hub-bearing.com

"Vehicle:2001, CHEVROLET, BLAZER S10/T10, V6-262ci 4.3L F/I Vi
2Axle Bearing And Hub Assembly
front ; 4wd ; 2 Per Veh ; Base;hub Bearing ; Years:2000-2001;PARTS PLUS BEARINGS & SEALS 513124 ".

The hub was a direct fit. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow to see WTF is going on. As much as I dislike ABS in Buffalo snow, I dislike a dash full of dummy lights even more!

Old 12-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That is the proper PN for the timken part (as well as a few other knock offs). Looks like they gave you a knock off brand that is NOT a direct fit.

Here is an image showing what it should look like in this area:

Old 12-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Blazeme is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ve3nsv

I just replaced my passenger front one and it was as Swarlkk described and held in place with a single allen head bolt.
When I changed mine they were also right angle with 1 allen bolt. Mine came from the big O.

Blazeme

Old 12-15-2009, 05:31 AM
Beginning Member

Alright, thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll get ahold of cust-service and see what their policy is on making their customers happy.

Thanks!