Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Moog vs Master Pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road
Default Moog vs Master Pro

Both offer lifetime warranty and I'll be getting lifetime alignments so either one would not add extra money. Just time if something breaks and have to replace it.

What I am replacing:
Idler Arm
Tie Rod ends(both inner and outer)
Drag link
Pitman Arm(can not locate one through my normal stores)

Moog is DOUBLE the price of Master Pro, but I do plan on hitting some trails just do not know how often it will see the trails. Getting a lifetime alignment through Firestone.

Opinions?

Old 01-29-2011, 10:52 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I have replaced basically my whole steering system all with moog parts and I have yet to see any problems with them but no idea as for which one is better.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:16 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Never heard of Master Pro and I'd recommend going anyplace other than Firestone from my experiences. Yes, you may get a lifetime guarantee on the alignment but I can just about guarantee anytime you bring it back in they will tell you that this part needs replaced or that part or the entire front end. In fact, they'll probably tell you that even after building your front end.

Again, this is just from my personal experiences with them over the years.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:44 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I think Master Pro is the cheap brand O'Reilly's sells. If you have the money to buy the Moog, I'd do that. You get what you pay for. The Master Pro will get you by if funds are tight, but they won't last as long.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert
Never heard of Master Pro and I'd recommend going anyplace other than Firestone from my experiences. Yes, you may get a lifetime guarantee on the alignment but I can just about guarantee anytime you bring it back in they will tell you that this part needs replaced or that part or the entire front end. In fact, they'll probably tell you that even after building your front end.

Again, this is just from my personal experiences with them over the years.
Ways around that. You keep paperwork and state you need your alignment done as you paid for it. Being part of a military base and you contact the right people...highly doubt you want to do that especially with today's lawyers. Been a customer of that store for years and they over torqued one of my lug nuts. No questions asked refund and replacement. They still have to honor the lifetime alignment even if you do not agree to the parts being replaced. But I was also looking at Goodyear for alignments but do not know if they offer lifetime.

Still shopping around. But most likely going to slowly start piecing together Moog parts. Thanks so far for the opinions.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:07 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AJBert
Never heard of Master Pro and I'd recommend going anyplace other than Firestone from my experiences.

i've only ever used Moog components. and with the abuse i inflict on my trucks, i've never had any issues with their product.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:25 AM
nightwolf67 is on a distinguished road

Master pro is The Oreilly Brand, Go with Moog they will last twice as long and if it does break it wont take 9 months to be reimbursed for your labor charges likeit took Oreillys to do for there crappy part.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:44 PM

I do my own work and getting a lifetime alignment. But I still think going Moog.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:02 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

maybe it's because i deal directly with my parts supplier, but anytime i have to warrenty anything, it's on the spot replacement.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:37 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

did you try ebay for moog parts, cheaper. not by alot but cheaper.

idler arm 45.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Quick Reply: Moog vs Master Pro