Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Need 4x4 help. not fully engaging

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Namakan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by okaussie
Good for you. Wish you could inform us as to how the radiator fix also fixed your 4x4.

Bill
I wish I could too. Perhaps tranny fluid pressure or ? I don't know. Thought I'd post this as another angle to look at. Ignore it if you wish.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Beginning Member
Justin Kane is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Eric Ferguson
Hello guys. My 2002 4 door LS blazer isn't going into 4x4. I worked on it Saturday at the shop . I put in a new actuator in under the battery, new cable and vaccum line solenoid on the transfer case. while on the lift I had my buddy start it and put it in 4x4 hi and the front driveshaft was turning. I had him shift it back into 2 hi and the driveshaft stops turning , so I know the tccm and encoder motor is working . When I had the cable off the front diff I could turn the driveshaft slightly and pull the front diff into 4x4 and watch the wheels spin as I turned the driveshaft . After doing this work, with the battery out ,I hooked up the jumpbox and started the truck and watched the actuator pull in about 3/8-1/2 inch . But I still don't have 4x4 when out driving . Please steer me in a good direction and help.
So, this past week I fixed my 4x4 issue, which seemed like it's the same problem you're having, by replacing the 6inch piece of vacuum line that goes from the "T" on your driver side near the firewall, to the vacuum canister located in the driver side fender. There's a little nipple sticking out of the fender underneath a bracket for your ABS crap that tends to be a common problem with these blazers as my research has suggested. I found a good video on YouTube about it that shows exactly what I described if you'd like it.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:35 AM
Starting Member
cdtek101 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Justin Kane
So, this past week I fixed my 4x4 issue, which seemed like it's the same problem you're having, by replacing the 6inch piece of vacuum line that goes from the "T" on your driver side near the firewall, to the vacuum canister located in the driver side fender. There's a little nipple sticking out of the fender underneath a bracket for your ABS crap that tends to be a common problem with these blazers as my research has suggested. I found a good video on YouTube about it that shows exactly what I described if you'd like it.
Youtube Video link you say,.. hell yes...post it....may fix my problem too

Old 02-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Beginning Member
Justin Kane is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cdtek101
Youtube Video link you say,.. hell yes...post it....may fix my problem too
here's the video that helped me out.