Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

transfer case motor , seriously i am about to flip out !

Old 04-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member
thebigjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default transfer case motor , seriously i am about to flip out !

my 98 jimmy (np1 , 3 button) would always go into 4wd fine but sometimes it was stubborn about going back into 2wd . there were no codes and everything else looked / tested fine so i always assumed it was the TCEM because you could hear the motor try put the case back into 2hi .
today i go and buy a reman TCEM and install it . when i pushed the 4hi button i could hear the relay in the dash click but got nothing from the TCEM not even a sound , uninstalled and reinstalled 3x , same thing.
i thought maybe i got a bunk reman so i exchanged it for another , install it . SAME THING .
Now i returned the reman motor and got my original 1 back and still nothing will work ..
so now i have nothing , before i at least had a 90% working 4x4 now 2 motors , few hrs of work and i have a 0% working 4x4 .

i have gone over the plug and wires near the motor and it all looks good.
before doing this i got no codes , now i get code 3 & 4 . what did i screw up ? i did nothing but unplug the motor , remove the 3 bolts and install 2 new motors and now the original ..

Last edited by thebigjimmy; 04-10-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:16 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thebigjimmy
please help before i figure out a way to run myself over with my own truck .

that's actually not that hard-running yourself over with your own truck, i mean.

as for your non-functioning 4WD, have you checked the switch yet? how about the wiring? since this became 0% working after you touched the TCCM, start inspecting the plug harness there for any loose or damaged wires.

also do the same @ the encoder motor. you may have had some damage down there from something getting kicked up.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Beginning Member

as soon as the weather cooperates (figures it had to rain today) i am going to check the wire harness , that is really the only thing that has been touched .

if that does not work i was considering removing the windshield so i can do a running dive off of the hood while driving ..

Old 04-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

honestly dude, chill out. It no use being so dramatic it wont fix your problem any faster. Go to a junk yard and grab a switch most of the time you can just pocket it. If there is nothing wrong with the wires try the TCCM fuse maybe it popped while installing something.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Beginning Member

updated the original post ...