Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Rear end swap something dose'nt feel right

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:45 PM
l3igl3ang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rear end swap something dose'nt feel right

We just done a rear end swap on are jimmy cause the origianl went out. Everything seem to go well besides the dam drum brakes god i cant stand drum brakes but any way we didnt get the ebrake hooked up but got the brakes hooked up finaly. But when i drive around 65+ feels like the back in is shakeing kind like if it was out of blance but i dont see how it could be any ideas?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:58 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rear end swap something dose'nt feel right

Unbolt your driveshaft and rotate it 180 degrees and see if it remains.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:00 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rear end swap something doesnt feel right

Take a look at your drive shaft and see if the u-joint may be shifted slightly in the yoke on the front of the differential. Also, I have seen it before where having the driveshaft rotated 180* may cure a condition such as this. Sounds weird I know, but may be worth trying.

Does the sensation go away at any higher speeds?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:24 AM

I have not drover it over 70mph but sometimes it seems to shake bad while others very lighty like i can have a cup in my cup holder and it rattles it.

I noticed the u joint when u hook it to the yoke dose it have to be flushed with the yoke all way around with some play in the ujoint or do i push the neededbearings holderdown flat with no play in it which is what i did

Old 01-23-2009, 08:08 PM

i think i found the problem some how my lug nuts came lose and lost them all but one before i noticed what it was. luckly i keep the ones from the other rear end and put them on tight with a break over will let u guys know tommarow it that was the problem