Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Swaybar Link Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:11 PM
jorge1 is on a distinguished road
Default Swaybar Link Install

I was looking to change to front swaybar links but noticed that the ones that are on doesnt have the spacer in the middle. Should it be there or is that a optional and to make shure does the swaybar go between the two lower bushing or the top? Cant find pictures or info of lower or top bushing for it intructions on the new ones dont say nothing just how there put together. Thanks

Old 10-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are you just seeing the plastic center spacer that is a lot larger than the steel spacer that most aftermarket sway bar end link kits come with?? Can you snap a picture and post it?

Old 10-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Starting Member
marksoftball is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Jorge,

I have a 97 Blazer. I pulled this pic.
I am not sure if this helps you in your explanation .

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Swaybar Link Install-suspension.gif  
Old 10-16-2009, 03:48 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got done replacing my sway bar end links on my xtreme, ..I dont know what kind of veh your working on but heres sum descriptive help..

from under the control arm,ya put the bolt with one washer then bushing, put the bolt thru the control arm hole then put another bushing then a washer, slide the sleeve over the bolt, push the bolt up enuff to get another washer and bushing, then push the bolt up thru the sway bar hole, finish it off with another bushing then washer and nut. Dont overtighten the nut and crush the bushings.. leave about 1/2 of threads sticking up unless the sleeve is still spinning.. then go a little bit more on the tightening.. Does this help????? on the bushings theres actually an up and down side to the bushing itself.... Theres a lip on the bushings that would go towards the holes in the ctrl arm and the sway bar..

Old 10-16-2009, 04:00 PM

The links i have new have a small steal one not plastic.

heres a picture of whats on there now.

Swaybar Link Install-img_5951.jpg

Old 10-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

That is a moog sway bar link.

someone replaced them and must have had a hard time putting it back together. Its supposed to have the spacer in there.

also, i recommend the energy suspension link kit over the moog.

EDIT: also looks like your ball joints could use a good greasing.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:40 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Besides pricing, can i ask why energy suspension is better?? I looked at them and they look no different than the heavy duty ones i got thru Moog..their goldish in color and have red bushings..

Old 10-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's wrong. Use the spacer. It will keep the proper alignment.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:14 PM

I figured something was not right there. Thanks

Old 10-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

the energy suspension ones are made of a more durable polyurethane.

i went through a couple sets of the blue moogs before i tried the ES bushings.

Last edited by jsmz; 10-17-2009 at 03:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Swaybar Link Install