Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Another Reason Not to Street Race

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Starting Member
TylerCiervo is on a distinguished road

2 people just died a few days ago by me from racing. One kid hit a woman's van. They both died. The other car left the scene. And the passenger in the kids car had a broken arm.

I wont say I've never raced anyone. But right now I'm driving an 03 2500HD Silverado. 4 doors with an 8 foot bed. Its not a speed demon. Haha. I just think its funny that I get a good start on most Audis, BMW's, etc. because of the turbo diesel <3

Old 09-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha. That's exactly what I'm driving now too, since I sold my Blazer. But the only slow ones are the V6es. Mine's a 6.0 gasoline, and it's crazy fast (but NO, I don't race it).

Old 10-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Or show this to kids who think nothing can happen to them. If it does not change their views then well they deserve to just die in a wreck without taking any innocent people with them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkyRvW1cBB4

I had a idiot spin out in front of me as he raced through traffic. If my boys were with me and I was not able to avoid him like I did...well he would not of been walking away. Having a close friend killed and being a parent my views have drastically changed.

Save it for the track!

Last edited by Silver00LT; 10-01-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing that, Silver. I have one on the way myself, and it's already changed my perspective on a lot of things.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Psychropod
Thanks for sharing that, Silver. I have one on the way myself, and it's already changed my perspective on a lot of things.
I'll admit from 16-19 I did street race. First child on the way I stopped racing, but did not stop speeding. Oct 07 when my oldest was just a few months old I was in a very bad wreck that I luckily walked away from without life threatening injuries. EMS was curious how I did not have any more memory loss than what I did and that my body survived trauma how I was.

That changed everything for me. Wish it did not take that to change my perspective on life. So I share my stories with HS kids to try and get them to wise up before it happens to them.

I hope this forum supports anti-street racing threads, etc. I can not believe I just sounded like a preacher. But I am thinking as a parent and it does look stupid like how I thought my parents sounded. However, I see why they spoken of those things to me and the purpose of the 'talks.'

Last edited by Silver00LT; 10-02-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, we are not born with experience, but with the notion that we are immortal, invulnerable, and can control anything...because that's they way they are in the movies.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:07 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i swear that srt-4 video was of a kid here. street racing his car on M-59 at 11 o'clock at night and he lost control and went off the freeway. i personally never race my truck, don't agree with it anywhere except the drag strips we have and what not.

i just looked at the channel of the poster and that was 2 years ago. kid in a similar srt-4 did it and ended up in the same shape. i think he's still in the hospital getting everything fixed

its one of those things that i'll never understand... i mean i want a fast truck/car but not so i can race, just because i'd love one.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by MTopper
i swear that srt-4 video was of a kid here. street racing his car on M-59 at 11 o'clock at night and he lost control and went off the freeway. i personally never race my truck, don't agree with it anywhere except the drag strips we have and what not.

i just looked at the channel of the poster and that was 2 years ago. kid in a similar srt-4 did it and ended up in the same shape. i think he's still in the hospital getting everything fixed

its one of those things that i'll never understand... i mean i want a fast truck/car but not so i can race, just because i'd love one.
I hope that guy has a speedy recovery.

The guy in the vehicle was LUCKY...quick recovery and look at the scars...only facial thing I noticed was one eye shutter than the other.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 AM
Beginning Member
DoggyB22 is on a distinguished road

I street race with my Camaro... I'm not a retard about it & we make sure the roads are LEGIT to run on & also that no one will pull out in front of us. I've only see one guy crash before & that's because his car wheel hopped right when he sprayed & hit the center divider. Other wise most people you see crash are dumb asses who are inexperienced & act/do stupid ****.

Any person can lose control & crash at track or on the streets.... Doesn't matter

Old 06-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
I street race with my Camaro... I'm not a retard about it & we make sure the roads are LEGIT to run on & also that no one will pull out in front of us. I've only see one guy crash before & that's because his car wheel hopped right when he sprayed & hit the center divider. Other wise most people you see crash are dumb asses who are inexperienced & act/do stupid ****.

Any person can lose control & crash at track or on the streets.... Doesn't matter
There is no way to ensure any public road is "legit" to race on, PERIOD. The irresponsible twit that killed a close friend of mine and seriously injured two others was part of a group that thought that. What were they doing when they got caught up in this you ask? Coming back from a late night movie minding their own business! Irresponsible kids have now deprived a family from their only son and caused countless hours of pain and anguish for many other people because they chose to race on public streets.

The biggest difference between a track and the road is that innocent by-standers are A LOT less likely to be injured or killed by someone loosing control.

Be responsible and keep it on the track!