Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Blazer Khana

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 11:38 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

we had a 30cm dump of snow over night once and i was driving down streets with no tracks because no one could drive through it, towed out SO many people that day.

when i used to have my s10 i was in a parking lot and an old guy backed into a van and crushed in the bumper, the guy even happened to be in the van, and then went to drive away, i saw him driving away so i pinned it, he was making a left turn, i drifted around the outside of him and then right infront of him at a 90 degree angle to cut him off. haha, guy from the van came up and i left.........in this SAME parking lot i was sitting in the blazer waiting, an eldery lady was in a car infront of me, she looked at me and smiled..cranked her wheel all the way to the left and floored it in reverse to back out of the stall, she side swiped the car on her right backed out and did another 180 into another car....she just stopped for a second looked around..and floored it again, did another 180 into another car...haha, at this moment one of the owners of a van she hit comes out of the store SCREAMING....OMFG THATS MY NEW VAN. haha...it was way to funny to watch......and IM THIS SAME PARKING LOT during that 30 cm snow fall a civic decided to try to drive across the lot where there was no tracks and got stuck, so i hooked him up to yank him out and backed him up. when i stopped i got out to unhook the car and some guy in a van came up behind me swearing at me saying i hit him...im like..umm..where, and second of all wtf are you doing behind me when you can see im backing up towing a guy out....hes like right here..i look im like where,....hes like....uhh....it must have popped out...(as hes pointing to the bottom of his van) im like..ok..first of all THATS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO HIT YOU THERE..1. my bumper isnt even that low, and 2. my spare tire sticks out so that would hit you first..and second of all your van is dirty as **** and there are no smudges anywhere so F off!!.. haha..oh the winter stories....

Speaking of winter drift stories, back in high school when i had my 88 s10 we were on our way to school, it was only a 2 seater and had 3 people in the box...in the box i also had some plastic bins with bags of stones in them to add weight, well i drifted a corner....and then there was a patch of dry pavement, with all that extra weight in the back the tires all instantly hooked up and i went straight into a nice hard snowbank (good thing for metal bumpers, i had a busted up bumper i put on for the winter)...and well one of the guys in the back had one of these plastic bins sitting between his legs, they were strapped in, but the plastic the straps were looped through snapped and...well...got a big plastic bin of rocks right in the sack...haha..
in that lil s10 with a 4 banger managed to tow a car out of a ditch that was about 10 feet in...a guy in a 4x4 rolled up and is like..ok you try if you cant get em ill pull em out....got everyone there to hop in the box and got her out..i swear the guy in the 4x4's jaw dropped a foot..

Oh and also on the towing people out thing...rush hour traffic some girl had her cav stuck in the center ditch...so i went through the ditch , managed to get one lane closed off and quicky yanked her out of the ditch...i instructed her DO NOT TURN YOUR WHEELS, KEEP THEM STRAIGHT, of course she turns them and digs her nose further into the ditch, so just yank her straight out......get out to grab my tow straps...and she comes running up to me...oh my car wont start now..im like...umm ok go take a look. she had her car IN GEAR AND NOT RUNNING WHEN I PULLED HER OUT....wow...im like..ok heres your problem, put it in park and started it....haha wow..im kinda a nice guy i guess i never ask for cash when towing and when its offered i always decline.....on the highway last year couple was stuck on turnoff to a reserve..so i stopped to pull them out, again same thing, turned wheels and dug nose into the ditch....ended up dragging them through the ditch a little ways and up a snowbank left form the plows...had them resting on the top, back wheels 2 feet of the ground..stopped and was like...meh its a beater car and yanked them off the top..haha..probablly shot the already shot suspension

Last edited by streblo; 11-29-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:54 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by streblo
Haha yes its because i work there, i also happen to be the person who installed the cameras and operates them. haha............

And not all canadians drive like that..you have
1. the people who know how to drive, drive like that.
2. the other people who have no idea how to drive do 30kmh in an 80kmh, and 10kmh in an 80 when its snowing.....and STILL manage to hit the ditch on a straight road!!!....haha

But even BETTER yet is the people who THINK they know how to drive like that.....oh yes.....those are the best...in high school i saw two people crash into each other in the parking lot. haha....amongst many other things........I love RWD

I was keeding. Must be intersting to watch everyone in the winter. I don't get why you would have so many people with little fwd of rwd vehicles in the winter. You guys get some serious snow, lol. I've seen videos.
So what do you do at work?
Originally Posted by zedartwo
hahaha. I remember at the ski resort I use, after its closed everyone goes nuts. Mostly civics and jetta's when I had my dad's full size chevy in 4wd rippin everywhere and these guys would stop, spin the tires and got stucks. I would just do donuts around them for a minute, ask for $20 bucks to get them out. made $140 one night lol
I'll have to do that next time I head up north when it snows, haha!
We have a k1500 Suburban we use for travel.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:55 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Haha. I love pulling jeeps out lol. Pulled 2 out last year. But, I'm pretty sure theres a "rescued" thread on here. I'll go dig it up

Old 11-29-2010, 02:17 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I still chuckle at that commercial lol.

That right, I read his mind

Old 11-29-2010, 02:17 PM

haha ya i know you were kidding. ya its kinda weird,i think more people now are buying awd or 4wds at least...but what gets me is the people with the little rwd or fwd that TRY to drive before the streets are cleared, you only really need the 4wd or awd here a few days after a big snow fall, they clear the streets down to the pavement and salt and sand the **** out of the roads here (which drives me nuts, why is the road wet when its -10 out, just makes the blazer filthy)....i do like, everything, im known as the keeper of the knowledge, haha, i have no official position, i do like little things around, we moved into a new store i set up the cameras and the computers and tvs and speakers, i do sales, receiving, shipping, some mech work, sales and mech training, pretty much everything haha.

and as for canadian winters, gotta love this commercial. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0id9fUYb95A

Old 11-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Am I the only one LOLing at the name on the van?

Awesome video, makes me incredibly jealous.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:25 PM

haha yup...best part is we are across the street from a park..that happens to be called guay park...........we have a rear entrance for our customers...and one of our old mechanics lived on a street called cockburn

Old 11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a Will Ferrell created town haha

Old 11-29-2010, 10:39 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Phil
Am I the only one LOLing at the name on the van?
I wasn't going to say anything but yeah. I did too.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:26 PM

haha yup..best part is the sliding doors on the van.....on one of them **** is on the door, and wood is on the side of it..so when u open the door it coveres up wood and all it says is ****.. hah