Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Driving I-95 (escaped collision)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Driving I-95 (escaped collision)

My buddy was careflighted out (costs $5,000 for the trip by the way) and was only in the hospital for like 2 days. The sucky thing about it was that I know a guy through my church who is a part time EMT and he was actually called to the scene, he went immediately back to the church and got a group of people to help pray, he called me, and then I got to break the news to his mother because she wasn't even informed yet (a good 3-5 hourse later). Then when I left to go visit I saw a trooper pull onto his street but they were long gone!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw one where a semi driver had fallen asleep and hit a concrete divider. The truck went airborne and rotated, landing on its side on a little Miata. A guy and his girlfriend were in the car, he had pushed her down and covered her as best he could. He died from the semi side mirror impaling him, she lived but it took a while to get her out. I was a few cars behind the Miata and saw the whole thing on my way to work, I was the only Law Enforcement or Military around for 30 minutes until the police arrived, so everyone was asking me what to do, I was still in shock from watching it.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:44 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

I've seen a few nasty ones, too. Usually just the aftermath, though. The worst I've ever seen I think was a car-b-q...ever seen one of those? Traffic backed up for miles and miles and some kind of vehicle in flames. Heard the people got out but forgot to take their baby out of the car seat before the carwas engulfedflames, how terrible is that? If something like that happened I tell you I'd die trying to get my baby out of the car!

Another one we had on I-40 was a truck dumped over a trailer full of cows on the way to the slaughterhouse. Those cows got slaughtered that day, I'll tell ya that. What a disgusting mess that was!

Old 07-19-2007, 12:09 PM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

;

This was a pretty nice one.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch!

I wonder if the engine on the overpass in the background got lost?

Old 07-19-2007, 12:35 PM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha, NO. That's an engine from outside of Harrisburg. You can see the front corner of our squad [F-250] in the picture and our rescue behind the van. If you look at the upper northbound fly-over, you can see the 18-wheeler where the log originally came from.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:31 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Talk about dropping a log! LMAO

Old 07-19-2007, 03:46 PM
flyshychick is an unknown quantity at this point

All this and i didnt read that you called the girl who gave you her number! So did ya call er?

Old 07-19-2007, 06:29 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Of course. I wouldn't get a girl's number and NOT call her!

Old 07-20-2007, 07:13 AM
flyshychick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i wasnt sure cause there was no mention of it!!

Quick Reply: Driving I-95 (escaped collision)