Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Driving Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Beginning Member
deck101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving Lights

I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this, but I have a question about driving lights. I have a hunter brush guard on my truck and want to add a pair of driving lights to it. I am not planning to do much off-roading but I want to add the lights to help give me advanced warning when one of Ohio's friendly white tailed deer decides to cross the road in front of my truck.

I have been looking at getting these lights

http://www.amazon.com/Hella-H7101045...1917998&sr=8-7

I have several questions.

What would be the best place to connect them to the power on my truck?

Does anyone know what the laws are on how many lights you are allowed to have illuminated at one time?

Can anyone who has installed driving lights tell me how difficult it is to install them?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:26 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You can run a power source off your battery. Since they will be up front it's probably the easiest way anyway.
The laws regarding lights are state by state/province by province. You'd have to check your local state laws. With that being said you should plan on wiring in a switch to turn them on and off at your convenience. That way you won't have any issues with the 5-0. You can have them off when driving on the road and turn them on when off road.
The level of difficulty really depends on how comfortable you are in wiring. It's not hard by any means, but you should know a little bit about it before attempting it yourself. Nice looking lights BTW

Old 03-03-2010, 01:13 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I think the only problem you will run inot with lights are with realy bright ones (like my kc's) but with my lights i just keep them off in the city and when i am alone on a country highway or just realy late at night just flip them all on and see a 1/2 mile down the road. When i put my fog lights in it was as easy as finding a place to mount them, and just wiring them up.