Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

i got a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 AM
bigmatt1 is on a distinguished road
Default i got a ticket

yep. i was in lafayette, louisiana after working i like to jam a lil bit around town on my way back home. i was coming up to a red light when i was looking around for cops. little did i kno, there was one right in front of me. in a dodge durango blacked out with even the "police" stickers on it in black. so i was like oh ****. i hurried and muted it but instead of pressing the mute button, i pressed the EQ button which changed the sound of the music. then i pressed the mute button like 10 feet before i got to him. he then pulled up behind me in my lane when he was already the second car in the other lane. the light turn green then he turned his lights on.

he got out the truck and asked me for license and registration.. the usual. then he asks, is this vehicle under your name? i said uhh yea. like the dummy couldnt see on my registration and insurance card that this vehicle was mine and in my name. then he says, i pulled u over for loud music. and i sarcasticly said, i kno.

then he says, do u have any questions? i said yea how much is this ticket gunna cost me? he said, idk call the court and they will tell u.

i called the courthouse and its $225 for excessive noise and i have to appear in court.

thanks JL AUDIO!

Old 04-06-2010, 06:20 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Wow that's an exspensive ticket. I've gotten that ticket once and it costed me $60.00.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:42 AM

Well louisiana is like that I guess. If it was a tickret in my hometown then I could get it fixed and it was a policeman that pulled me over not a sherrif, if it would have been a sherrif then I coulda got that fixed too

Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't understand the thoughts/actions of some cops. The week after I got mine I was cruising through town with the windows down and the radio(stock by the way) up. I get pulled over and he asks if I have done anything to the stereo and I say no. Oh well long story short he finally let me go with a warning for "unlawful sound amplification" after he asked "well what do you think we should do about this" and I said go b**** out the people at GM for their loud radios and he laughed and let me go. But a $200+ ticket is recockulous

Old 04-06-2010, 02:24 PM

ever heard of a clothing company named KIK? kustom ink klothing..

anyway, i have a shirt made by them that says "cops lie" on it. good thing i didnt wear it that day.. haha

i guess i didnt realize how loud my speakers really are. i pulled up to the place i cut my hair the other day playing a lil boosie song. when i got out my truck, some old lady asked me if that was me makin all that noise. so i said, uhh no that was some guy down the road. haha. i walk in and the one who normally cuts my hair said, i knew that was u over here. i said how did u know, she said ur music was so loud that it was rattling stuff in here. they have a clock on the wall, i made it turn sideways when i came in the parking lot. then the owner of the place says, thats bad when u rattle a brick building.

haha i loved it! and all the old people were inside doing their hair and nails hahahahaha. they must have hated me.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:56 PM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

wow, thats rough. I guess collecting money for the goverment beats fighting crime anyday.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:09 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Did the cop use a measuring device? If not plead not guilty in court. I would do a little research on the sound ordinances in the area you received the ticket. No way I would pay that without a fight. I have gotten out of several tickets by doing my homework prior to court.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:22 PM

Measuring device as in a decibal reader?

Oh and I did research it before I called, on the internet in the police law handbook for lafayette parish states that a first offense loud music violation is $150. It also staes on my ticket that I was to go to the courthouse on the 25th of march but when I called, the lady said I didn't have to pay or go to court until june 15th. And on the back of the ticket it states that failure to appear in answer to this summons will result in a warrant for ur arrest and forfeiture of drivers license. Wtf

Someone is screwing me big time b/c the lady at the courthouse told me when I needed to go but the ticket says different.

Last edited by bigmatt1; 04-06-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: blah
Old 04-06-2010, 08:43 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

The next night they hold traffic court, I would go down there and plead not guilty, tell them there was no measuring device used that you know of, and if there was, you want to see the data, and you'll want the calibration information on the device also.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 PM

As good and acuate as that sounds, I don't think I have a chance cuz the city I got the ticket in, they are real big on loud music violations cuz they don't tolerate it.

Since the cop pulled me over for loud music, he is right even though he didn't have a decibal reader with him or not. The judge is usually going to take the cops side 99 percent of the time but that is an interesting argument that I can talk to the judge about. I will also be talking to a policeman I have known all my life. He is running for chief of police in my town and if I was to get a ticket in the parish or city, he could have fixed it. I also know a guy who is in charge of the sherrifs department for my parish and he also said there is nothing he can do to help me since I got the ticket from a police officer, not a sherrif.

Why not just let me go pay my money and be done with it? All this **** is stupid and too confusing. And if a first offense ticket for loud music is $150, then why do I have to pay $225?

The laws we have in this state makes me disgusted cuz instead of policemen catching people who run red lights or stop signs, or drug dealers, or robberies, they will focus on giving me a ticket and wasting 15 minutes of my life jus cuz I was jus getting off of work and wanted to relieve some stress. Everyday I ride around playing music but when I get to a stop sign or a traffic light, I always lower it for the people on the side of me. So giving a ticket to a guy who is trying to have a nice trip home from work is worth it especially if there are people robbing and dealing drugs right down the street.

I'm sorry guys but I really think this is frickin retarded. I'm so pissed off right now it isn't funny.

Quick Reply: i got a ticket