Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

I have never done a burnout in the Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
I can honestly say I've never even tried don't think the 2.8L could even do a burnout in my car and if it could it would be pretty pathetic.
i used to drop my old 83 s10 into 4low cause the front axle didnt ingage and do easy burn outs

Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 92blazin
what's wrong with you guys? I'm 23 and I've done a ton of burnouts in every vehicle i've ever owned. Hell even in my old 87 subaru justy 1.0 3 cyl 5 speed. I've got kuhmo a/t's on my blazer and i've burned them a few times but they like to just hook up and take off. I guess i'm crazy cause I'm a drag racer at heart.
Been drag racing since I was 16 and never done a burnout in the blazer. There is no need to 'burn out' except at the drag strip to warm up your tires. That is IT. Burning out on the street is just stupid. Now doing it on tires your getting rid of. There is nothing wrong with that, but if you screw your drivetrain up doing it well you asked for it.

Point being...stating your a drag racer at heart has nothing to do with burn outs. Majority of us do not burn out because tires cost money and if you have responsibilities like all adults do. Why burn that money off for a few seconds of smoke with marks that wear off before the week ends. To me seeing people burning out is stupid especially at redlights. WHO CARES! Sorry I still race at the track, but seeing kids on the streets doing this makes me ill. I dare someone to run into me showing off...especially with my kids in the car. Think that person will own a car for a few years?

/end speech

Last edited by Silver00LT; 10-27-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:41 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Is it still "burning out" if its in mud? If not, I got a little smoke once when I was stuck on a rock

Old 10-27-2010, 01:14 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

I had a '96 Blazer years ago (may she rest in peace) that a friend help me mod out with performance parts off his wrecked S10 (shoulda seen it coming). Put a CAI, modded PCM, aftermarket intake of some kind, and most of the exhaust system under it (cut and pieced back together). REALLY made that 4.3 come to life and it could burn the tires as long as I cared to hold the pedal it always seemed. Burn out like that with the Jimmy though? NEVER. Grew up, got smart and quit horsin' around like that.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WolfPack
Is it still "burning out" if its in mud? If not, I got a little smoke once when I was stuck on a rock
me too

Old 10-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Beginning Member
92blazin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Silver00LT
Been drag racing since I was 16 and never done a burnout in the blazer. There is no need to 'burn out' except at the drag strip to warm up your tires. That is IT. Burning out on the street is just stupid. Now doing it on tires your getting rid of. There is nothing wrong with that, but if you screw your drivetrain up doing it well you asked for it.

Point being...stating your a drag racer at heart has nothing to do with burn outs. Majority of us do not burn out because tires cost money and if you have responsibilities like all adults do. Why burn that money off for a few seconds of smoke with marks that wear off before the week ends. To me seeing people burning out is stupid especially at redlights. WHO CARES! Sorry I still race at the track, but seeing kids on the streets doing this makes me ill. I dare someone to run into me showing off...especially with my kids in the car. Think that person will own a car for a few years?

/end speech

I do have responsibilities and i realize tires DO cost money... And being an adult as i am if i find it necessary to do a burnout i keep them contained to country roads where just in case something goes wrong i will not endanger anyone else. And besides where i'm from chicks dig burnouts.... end speech

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

I love burning out. Even though its only a 1 wheel peel, its still fun. And further more, i dont see how it could be dangerous. Not like we're doing donuts. And usually, burnouts arent for longer than 5 seconds. It really does'nt waste tires that much.

But i mean, its still bad.

Last edited by swartlkk; 11-14-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

lol boys will be boys (and some girls)

Attached Thumbnails I have never done a burnout in the Blazer-burnout.jpg  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:43 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

21 And did my first actual burnout yesterday just to test. In the parking lot 20 mins early for work I found a toonie (I was close to a tim hortons lol) Oh an a toonie is a coin that is worth 2 dollars.

Anyways from a dead stop just put the hammer down and roasted them for a second then cranked the wheel and drifted nicely out of it.

Mind you I used to drift my grand am. And no I didn't just fly into a parking lot a rip the e-brake. I can actually drift a FWD car.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:10 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I found a toonie (I was close to a tim hortons lol) Oh an a toonie is a coin that is worth 2 dollars.
I used to carry a toonie and a loonie in my old wallet, but when I cleaned out and moved onto a new wallet, they mysteriously disappeared.... Gotta love them polar bears and the Queen of England....

Quick Reply: I have never done a burnout in the Blazer